LOGIN ? LOGOUT ERROR

smoke2312

OK this has been getting on my nerves. Can someone please help me fix this problem.

Everytime I login into my website I get this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/app.config.php:1) in /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/modules/Login/Login.php on line 143

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/app.config.php:1) in /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/modules/Login/Login.php on line 154

and when I log out I get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/app.config.php:1) in /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/common/Auth.class.php on line 341

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/app.config.php:1) in /hermes/web03/b510/pow.harrisire/United/core/modules/Logout/Logout.php on line 26

both errors clear when i click on anybutton but I would like to eliminate this all together. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Have you edited any php files at all on your site? That error is normally, not always, caused by a white space before or after a php opening or closing tag. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong in this case. I know in phpBB forums, 9 out of 10 times that is the reason for that error.

Have you edited any php files at all on your site? That error is normally, not always, caused by a white space before or after a php opening or closing tag. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong in this case. I know in phpBB forums, 9 out of 10 times that is the reason for that error.

Have not edited anything

only added template. The obsesses one. thats it

Ok then in that case, if it were me and it was a virgin install, I would try to re upload all of the core phpvms files. Core meaning the entire package. If you have any addons, well then I would re consider that move.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, are you on paid hosting or free hosting?

Also, make sure your log files in core folder are chmod to writeable. Then go to local_config.php and set the debug to true. Then go back and do what you did to get the error and then go and check your log and let me know what it tells you.

I figured out what it was. I changed the header picture and it was not the exact same as the original one. So I had to edit it and it now works perfect. However there is one other thing and that is the home button on the menu bar is there any way to Capitalize it so it is like the others?

Are you referring to the black and blue buttons across the top or are you talking the menu on the left? If it is the one up top, it is a css deal. Somewhere I have posted about this before and sso has someone else. I would have to go back and dig through 680 posts of mine to find it. Try a quick search and I will to. If I find the link to the thread, will come back and post. Glad to hear you got the other problem sorted out.

I use the obsessBlue template as well. http://thunderva.com Mine is capitalized and I don't recall having to edit anything to make it be that way.

Duhhh I am a moron. Just go in the core/templates/core_navigation.tpl and edit the home link. Best yet, instead of editing that file, upload a copy of that file to the ObsessBlue template and edit that one instead. If you over write the original, it will get overwritten in an update