Just a question

Kyle

• Moderators

If you know how to fix this, please let me know....

With Windows 7 and my server is local like this "myserver.local".

When i am running windows 7 ulmiate and when i was adding the domain to it with locally and it said..........

An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain "KYLE75675.local" could not be contacted.

Ensure that the domain is typed correctly.

What is wrong. My server is connected and on and running to the router and my computer is running to the router too.

How can i fix this?

Thanks

• Moderators

HI, Not quite sure what your trying to do but you dont need to add a domain name to the server all that is needed is the domain name is pointed to where your files are.

I run a DC and active directory with many websites being hosted on my server, you just need to make sure the host header value is correctly set when setting up your website.

It looks like he is trying to run an internal domain and the client PC can not contact the DC to authenticate to the local domain. This is more than likely a DNS issue on the client side if everything is setup correctly on the server.

Make sure your clients DNS setting match the IP address for your DC. By default, your first DC is also your DNS server. Active Directory uses DNS religiously.

If your AD DC IP is 192.168.1.2 then make sure your client pc has 192.168.1.2 put it the DNS settings. You also need to make sure both the DC and your client are on the same subnet or you will need to configure a static route for it to communicate correctly.

If this doesn't work please post the output of the command ipconfig/all on both the server and the client.