Fatal error in admin panel [SOLVED]

Thomas

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me a little,

I keep getting this error in the admin panel when I try to edit new pilots;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/flythere/public_html/buffaloairwaysvirtual.com/core/common/StatsData.class.php on line 183

Thanks,

Thomas.

Now I am no professional but you can over ride the ini settings by using a little trick that we use in phpBB forums. I am NOT sure if it will work here but you can try.

Basically what is going on is, your account is fine. It is the server settings that are giving you problems. It has to do with the amount of memory they have set aside for each script I guess is how it goes. What we did was add a line to the config file. So if you wish, open your local config file and right after the

?>

add

ini_set("memory_limit","16M")

IF that don't do it, you could always bump the limit up higher. I am not sure how your host is going to feel about doing that though if it works. Like I said, I know for certain that it works on phpBB forums. Just not sure about phpVMS.

If that does not work, and you do not have access to your servers phpini file, then try to add it to root/.htaccess This move by all rights should work. It has never failed me in the past under any install of any CMS.

Hi Thomas. I am glad it worked out and they di not get p*ssed off at you for doing it. I have been using that little trick for years on phpBB forums that are heavily modded and it has never failed me a one time yet. Looks like we found another use for that trick now as well. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Ray,

That worked!

Thanks.

Can you fill me in on details to what you added and where please so I can update the code snippets post and so I can fix my own site. :P I can get this to work in phpBB all day long but can not get it to work on my phpVMS install. I get server 500 errors.