Website suddenly starts redirecting to the /install/install.php directory even though there is no /install/install.php directory? [SOLVED]

James142

Website suddenly starts redirecting to the /install/install.php directory even though there is no /install/index.php directory?

when you go to www.flyirelandva.com it redirects you to www.flyirelandva.com/install/index.php and aas you can see the install folder is gone because i already installed phpvms 3 months ago?

My site has being up for a while now and i have not encountered this problem before.

The only files i have touched was the skins folder and my forums folder that has nothing to do with phpvms, and yes I have checked to see if there is an install folder in the main directory and there is none there.

Thanks for the support,

James

Did you accidentally delete or rename the local.config.php file? It looks like the system is looking for it and not finding it so it is sending you to the install link to install it and create the file.

You replied fast wink.gif

The local config file is still there but i do renember changing

Config::Set('MAINTENANCE_MODE', false);

=>

Config::Set('MAINTENANCE_MODE', true); 

then back again to

Config::Set('MAINTENANCE_MODE', false); 

yesterday which could not be the problem becuase i only started getting this problem today :S

• Administrators

Something has gotten overwritten when you were uploading files I am guessing, open up a new copy of phpvms and make sure all the config files are in your install that are in the new file. Did the index.php get overwritten with your forum index file or corrupted?

Something has gotten overwritten when you were uploading files I am guessing, open up a new copy of phpvms and make sure all the config files are in your install that are in the new file. Did the index.php get overwritten with your forum index file or corrupted?

Ill try doing that and ill get back to you with the result, I guess I should have saved the forum files into another directory..

James.

• Administrators

Ill try doing that and ill get back to you with the result, I guess I should have saved the forum files into another directory..

James.

Ah, if you saved your forum right into the same directory I bet the forum index.php file has replaced the phpvms index.php file.