How are awards granted? [SOLVED]

Mysterious Pilot

One can define an award but it only covers specifying the URL of the image, the name and description. There are no trigger specifications such as "grant on rank promotion" or "grant on X successful flights" or "grant manually". In my case I created just one award that would be granted when completing 20 landings on a special subset of airports (challenging approaches).

My main question however is, once awards are defined I don't see a way to either grant them automatically (see above) or manually. For example, I miss some "Grant Award" on the Pilot menu. Am I missing something?

One can define an award but it only covers specifying the URL of the image, the name and description. There are no trigger specifications such as "grant on rank promotion" or "grant on X successful flights" or "grant manually". In my case I created just one award that would be granted when completing 20 landings on a special subset of airports (challenging approaches).

My main question however is, once awards are defined I don't see a way to either grant them automatically (see above) or manually. For example, I miss some "Grant Award" on the Pilot menu. Am I missing something?

The awards can only be awarded manually at this time. To issue an award you would go to the admin side and click on "Pilots and Groups" ---> "View All Pilots" ---> Locate the pilot in question and hit "Edit". From there you go to the "Pilots Award" tab and issue the award.