Callsigns

PhatZilla

I have a question that I'd imagine has a simple answer, but I can't seem to find it. I am a part of a VA that simulates military ops. There are two problems that we are going to run into. Firstly, a pilot may not use the same callsign from day to day. As he does different jobs, his callsign may change accordingly. Is there a way to track flight hours and other info without mandating a pilot use a single callsign? Also, the callsigns are not only three letters... For instance, BUGSY123 might be used, where BUGSY is the actual callsign, and 123 is the pilot... does this make sense?

• Administrators

You could create a custom profile field for the pilots where they could insert the callsign using the edit function in the pilot center, then include the custom field in front of the pilot number wherever it is displayed. The pilot number is tied to just about every function in the system (the database id) so changing that would have to be accomplished the same way, and used only as a display field. All records for the pilot, including the ability to log in and file pireps need to be tied to the database id of the pilot.

You could create a custom profile field for the pilots where they could insert the callsign using the edit function in the pilot center, then include the custom field in front of the pilot number wherever it is displayed. The pilot number is tied to just about every function in the system (the database id) so changing that would have to be accomplished the same way, and used only as a display field. All records for the pilot, including the ability to log in and file pireps need to be tied to the database id of the pilot.

I think I get it. Thanks much!