Obsess Blue Help

Guest kva

I am using the Obsess Blue Template with phpVMS and I love it. I have installed my site and edited a few things however, on the Registration page it comes up with an error at the top.

The error reads:

PHP Error Message

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/a8190051/public_html//lib/skins/ObsessBlue/<h3>Registration</h3> <p>Welcome to the registration form for KVAir. After you register, you will be notified by a staff member about your membership.</p> <form method="post" action="http://kvair.co.cc/index.php/registration"> <dl> <dt>First Name: *</dt> <dd><input type="text" name="firstname" value="" /> </dd> <dt>Last Name: *</dt> <dd><input type="text" name="lastname" value="" /> </dd> <dt>Email Address: *</dt> <dd><input type="text" name="email" value="" /> </dd> <dt>Select Airline: *</dt> <dd> <select name="code" id="code"> <option value=&q in /home/a8190051/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 96

I would appreciate any help because, as you could imagine, this is probably the most important part of the site and my VA will not be able to run without it.

Thanks for any help,

kva

I am really hoping one of the pros will chime in on this so I don't give bad advice or anything, but that error is server side related I believe. It is a safety measure some hosts use. You could ask them to fix it for your install but most won't.

Are you on a free host or are you paying for a host? If it is free, then good luck. phpVMS will not run like it should.

Please refer to this thread for more info. It has been discusses already in the past. ;)

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/3162-help-with-my-va-im-noob-using-phpvms/

thanks,

i think i'm going to try and run it on my friend's paid webhost and see if the error occurs then. if it doesn't then i might look into paying for hosting

thank again,

kva

I am sure it will work if he has paid hosting. Free hosts disable MUCH of their features. Sure you can run a site (not phpVMS) but it will be a very basic site. They do this to get one to upgrade to a paid hosting package. Sure security can be some of it, but mainly it is to get people to upgrade.

Once you get on a paid, host, let us know if you have any more issues. I am sure the issues can be worked out. But please note, as long as you are on a free host, no one at all will be able to do anything to help.

You know I am not trying to be an Ahole here, but people keep posting problems with this skin that really aren't skin related 98% of the time. Take the time to look threw these forums before posting, and remember one more thing. ObsessBlue has been tested and works......And, if your opening a VA on free hosting, you've failed before you even started...if you can't pay a host then join a quality VA, there are enough that need help.

• Like 1