Kacars input

kbohme

ok,

I would like to be able to use KAcars tracking logs to import pireps into my site.

The idea is that a pilot could do a flight on one airline (using Kacars), and then I could call the log file (which I think i have figures out) and use that log to import the pirep into a second airline that I have.

I am wondering if this is even a possibility ?

I'm not looking for the code (i am working on that) I guess what I am wondering is how it works (Kacars) so that I can figure out if its possible.

Sorry perhaps I didn't explain well

Let's say I do an kacars flight at VA1 it gets filed and accepted.

I would then like to export that flight (and just select flights) and send that info to va2 so that they can import it

(As oposed to manual email and entry of details)

I realise there would have to be manupulation of pilot I'd etc to match at each va

Guest lorathon

You can do that with any data you have. No need to use the kACARS module.

Just write some script to grab the data out of the DB for the rows you want to send. Package it say as a xml and then send to VA2. On VA2 end write a script to parse the xml. Somehow you will have to have both of the pilotids at both ends. Each receiving script can compare and swap out the pilotids. Or it can be done prior to sending.

If you are attempting to use my module to do the inputting (Like a pirep is being filed) then the info has to be sent xml and constructed as a pirep. And the pilot id should be correct (to the receiving VA) prior to sending. If you were to do it directly out of the kacars module you already have the xml in the proper format but the pilotid would need to be changed.

1. Pirep is sent by pilot.

2. kACARS module files the pirep at VA 1

3. Before the break you will need to take that xml, swap the pilotid and then forward to VA2.

3. OR just send the xml to VA 2. VA 2 would need to recognize that it is from VA 1 and swap the id prior to filing the pirep.

Isn't this double dipping though? Twice as many hours for one flight?

Perfect thanks for that

And yes a little double dipping but it would only be for select flights (shared routes) and shared pilots.

One I get the first part figured I hope to be able only credit half the hours of the flight to each VA (but that is a ways down the road)

Its kinda an attempt to better integrate partnering VAs so that pilots don't feel they will loose out on one VA by flying for another

(in essence when a pilot flys a route on one VA to position to fly for another the airlines would each credit half the time, or if the two partnered VAs have the same sched the pilot will get half hours on each thereby making the decision aircraft based and not VA based, since we are partners anyways)

it may be unrealistic but as a pilot I think I would like it

Does that make any sence ?