just to double check

kbohme

I eventually got FSACARS up and running, did a flight, and it filed a treat....

Now when i go to live map, there is still the icon for my plane saying that the FSACARS is closed.

I have looked at other VA's live maps and dont see this. I am wondering if I have done something wrong, or if it is normal for the icon of a flight to stay up after FSACARS has been closed down. ( its been down for almost an hour now )

I know it may seem like a silly question, but I want to make sure I haven't screwed something up.

Thanks in advance

I think this has done the same with me you may have to go to the php file with the acars map and find where it says debug false and change it to true. That should maybe help with that kinda stuff. Always worth a shot and if it dosent work it will most likely help with other things, ha

ok

I think it has something to do with the ACARS live time in the local.config.php file

I set it to 1 minute and the icon disapears, then when back at the defaut of 720 minutes it reapears again....

my question now is, if I set it to a minute does that mean that flights of 3 hours will disapear from the live map after a minute ?

no matter how long of a flight you may have it shouldn't disappear from the map, it will always show up as long as acars is feeding the info to your site and the live map. so that shouldn't be a problem.

sorry in the last answer i was kinda off with what i said..

you should go to your core folder and open up your local.config.php and if you would like your app.config.php

edit this line in the code

# ACARS options
#  Minutes, flights to show on the ACARS
#  Default is 720 minutes (12 hours)
Config::Set('ACARS_LIVE_TIME', 144); 
Config::Set('ACARS_DEBUG', true);

You don't have to change the live time to 144 but that's what i have it set to. Instead what you really want to change is the debug it may be false but you want to make sure its true prolly in both the local and app, that's how i have it and it seems to work good.