loop routes

big red 1

Hey Sim !

Jay here from Pontchartrain VA. We may have corresponded a couple of years ago. I have lost my forum files from then so I can not be sure. Anyway Nabeel has been busting his but to try an help me with scheduling my VA. He has done a great job, but there are still issues. I will serve 57 cities with 187, DC-3, on 96 loop routes, that generate over 1,000 daily flights. He asked in his last email to me, that I ask around the forum for some help that might be out there. I have posted a help wanted message on two different locations on the forum. I have a lot of views but no reply’s as of yet.

I am in great hope that what I have found here will do the trick. The problem we are having is that when a piece of equipment departs on a route it may not complete the circuit for two or three days. When that same equipment goes back into service it follows the same route but may depart at a different time. This makes it almost impossible to schedule flights on the schedule format sent to me by Nabell, because the days of the week and flight numbers may not match up again for three to four weeks. It would take me pages to describe how and why this works, so I would be much better to send you the entire data base, where things would be self explanatory.

All routes are done in triplicate and repeat every 8 hours. That way crews always fly out around the same time of day. My routes provide for crew and equipment layovers in an attempt to mimic compliance with real world FCC regs. Anyway your loop route concept may solve this big problem. I am not opposed to paying for and or trading services/abilities that will help me get up and running. I would like to show what I have. My routes are divided into two sections. First the actual route. And second what the equipment and crew on those routes do. At the very least I would like for you to take a look at what I have cratered to get some feed back. Please, if you are interested in taking a look let me know how I can get the data to you.

Best Regards

Jay