Alternate way

RogerB

• Administrators

Not quite sure which direction you are going but, I use html templates often and just cut them up and work them into a phpVMS skin, which I think you do as well. You could build a normal html page (php) and call the module you want in the center using the action.php method (which is skinless). You would have to include the codon.config.php file right at the start in order to gain access to the functions of phpvms.

• Moderators

Roger i have started building external pages to interact with phpVMS, all i do is create what ever page i like so test.php, at the top of that i can include the codonconfig, header tpl and footer tpl or just do anything with it, the key is to access the functions just include the codon config file at the top as Dave mentioned above.

So for example to make a page for logged in members only you could use,

<?php
//path to your codon config file
include '/srv/path to your/core/codon.config.php';
//path to a header template
include '/srv/path to your/lib/skins/ObsessBlue/small_header.tpl';
//see if they are logged in if not show then the loginpage
if(Auth::LoggedIn() == false)
{
  echo '<div id="error">Please login to view this page.';
  echo '</div>';
  Template::Show('loginexternal_pages.tpl');
  echo '</div>';
  Template::show('footer.tpl');
  return;
}
?>

<?php
include 'core/codon.config.php';
?>

It works. So far turning out really nice.. :D:P

I put this code at the beginning of the index.php file. I replaced the default index.php code with the code from my web template. When I try to run any of the templates or modules its saying they don't exist.

• Moderators

Roger what do you need to do on your frontpage? if its just html then create a page with the extension htm / html.

You can create a blank page just dont include the headers / footers, all you need is that include to your core codon config to use the functions that are in vms.

Is there a way to use phpvms without the traditional "skinning" process? I want to use a normal html site without the restrictions of skinning...I want to know if it will work first. Skinning has too many hurdles ....

Well, I dunno if this will fully staisfy your question, but I stripped my current template of all "eye candy" and just used the individual pages in the Joomla 1.5 CMS. Joomla affords some flexibility and security hat phpvms lacks (although Joomla can be hacked as well). I just renamed my eye_candy template "bare2dabones" and used the data portions I wanted to use.

Very stable, check it out here if u like>

http://vsxva.net