Some requests

eurobelgian

Hi,I would like to request some extra features for the crewsystem. Feel free to consider them.*To possibility to to add weekdays to the flight schedule. Not all flights of the va's timetable are operated daily!*Some standard scripts/addons for VAs to integrate phpVMS into there own website, like: a flight search script (like a booking engine), a login script (so pilots can login to the phpvms systems from the va's homepage), a pilot roster script, a departing flights script (which gives you e.g. the first 10 flights that will depart from your main hub ), ...*A mailing list, to send notams directly to all pilots mailboxLast, Currently the system doesn't work properly with php is safe mode. Although a lot of hosting providers (e.g. the large company one.com) don't give you the choice, and php is always set in safe mode. Should it be possible to make phpVMS working in safe mode?Anthony

• Administrators
Hi,I would like to request some extra features for the crewsystem. Feel free to consider them.*To possibility to to add weekdays to the flight schedule. Not all flights of the va's timetable are operated daily!*Some standard scripts/addons for VAs to integrate phpVMS into there own website, like: a flight search script (like a booking engine), a login script (so pilots can login to the phpvms systems from the va's homepage), a pilot roster script, a departing flights script (which gives you e.g. the first 10 flights that will depart from your main hub ), ...*A mailing list, to send notams directly to all pilots mailboxLast, Currently the system doesn't work properly with php is safe mode. Although a lot of hosting providers (e.g. the large company one.com) don't give you the choice, and php is always set in safe mode. Should it be possible to make phpVMS working in safe mode?Anthony
Running in safe-mode is kinda a non-standard way, hosts shouldn't really be running under safe mode. It cuts into the main PHP functionality.The things I can think of off the top of my head which won't work are the pages which create files.The rest, I can try to implement.Weekday schedules - will be tough but I can implement a simple string which will show the days.The rest of the things can be implemented, either through add-ons. This system is kinda meant to be a "replacement" for a site, since it has some CMS capabilities as well. If you're slightly proficient with PHP or HTML, it's easy to implement sections of the site into your own PHP pages. It'll just be some copy/pasting from the template file (which is plain HTML) into your own pages.

OK. I've installed phpVMS again today. Seems that it now completely works... although it is in php safe mode. Strange, but fine for me ;-) I must say, from the first time I've installed phpVMS, it has become very nice! Keep on the good work!AnthonyPS. I will also PM you for something

• Administrators
OK. I've installed phpVMS again today. Seems that it now completely works... although it is in php safe mode. Strange, but fine for me ;-) I must say, from the first time I've installed phpVMS, it has become very nice! Keep on the good work!
Thanks! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thanks for your quick reply!

Can you show me a screenshot? And what browser, etc
A screenshot: http://www.flyeurobelgian.com/phpvms.jpgOn a basic configuration: Win XP, IE 7 - I have a high resolution (1680x1050) maybe it's because of that?About the codeshare feature: I think an extra field for notes/remarks could still be handy. E.g. There you can put if the flight is a ferry flight, a special charter flight or something else.I had forgotten one remark:- At search schedules page you can only select a departure airport. Maybe it should be handy to also have the same for the aircraft.