Newbie Phpvms

Hello,

I'm new on Phpvms, and I'm stuck on the install.

I'm following the dummies guide, after setting up the database, I dont know how to run the install.

I'm stuck on this (copy from manual)

3.02 In this next illustration I have outlined the "Install.php". Please understand this is not an

executable file. What you need to do is right click on this file and scroll down to properties

"Click" open and copy the URL path to the "Install.php"

Can somebody explain me how to do that? I'm using Filezilla as FTP and when I'm right clicking on install.php the only options I have are: copy url to clipboard, file permissions, rename, delete, etc.

So I guess I have to choose copy url to clipboard? But where do I have to paste it? They say in manual, copy the URL path to the install.php? How to?

I'm using Powweb host.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's a stupid question

Kind regards!

HI, After setting up your database all you need to do is go to your browser and type in your website and the install, so www.yoursite.com/install/install.php

Run that and you will get presented with options to set your database info and email etc.

Thanks for answer, but it still dont work :( I tried : www.mysite.com/install/install.php and I tried www.mysite.com/phpvms/install/install.php

I get this error:

Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,

had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.

- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

So I'm having a database problem?? I followed the dummies manual, so I don't know where I could have made a mistake in creating the database.

Kind regards!!

• Moderators

Ok so where did you upload the files to on your webserver?

All that message is telling you that the files are not there.

You need to upload all the files to your root directory of your server, your server must also be capable of parsing php, ie have php installed.

Ok so where did you upload the files to on your webserver?

All that message is telling you that the files are not there.

You need to upload all the files to your root directory of your server, your server must also be capable of parsing php, ie have php installed.

Mark thanks for your time,sir. It's ok now! I found the problem.

The thing was, I've uploaded everything in the Root folder. I asked the host via chat, and they told me I had to put everything in the folder: htdocs

I'm using powwweb.com and there you have a 24/7 chat , very helpfull for beginners like me :-)

Thank you

Kind regards!