Icon in system tray cannot reopen window

Jacob

Hi,

Windows 7 32 bit.

kAcars 1.0.1.5 provided by VBird VA.

kAcars run as administrator = OK

Login to VA = OK

Problem:

When I minimize the program, it is shown as an icon in the system tray.

It is not possible to restore the window again.

Double click nor right click on the icon in the system tray have any effect.

Please can somebody advise?

Thanks in advance

Jacob

Hey Jeff,

That will be me :lol: I will sent you a mail this coming week with some more requests and

the order for some new options you have made. ;)

I would like to point out that Jacob is till now the only one with that problem,

but maybe a setting to disable that will be handy.

As always with regards,

Cor

• 4 months later...

Jeff:

Have you been able to pinpoint the problem here? I am having the same problem since the upgrade to 1.0.1.1. I have been able to get around it by using DTaskManager which allows me to open all windows of a live process, but that is a bit of a nuisance. I have looked around on the net to find others having similar problems with any application, and the ones I find all are due to the program itself, so I can't fix it on my end. I am willing to help you track down the problem if you need me to.

In the meantime, if anyone else having this problem wants DTaskManager, go to http://dimio.altervista.org. It's freeware and has a bunch of nice features that go way beyond Windows Task Manager. It even allows you to trim RAM usage to make sure programs aren't hogging memory.

Regards,

Brian

Guest lorathon

I have never been able to figure out the issue. Is this with the free version? I will add an option to change the way the app minimizes. That way if you have a problem it will just minimize and not to the taskbar.

• 1 month later...

I have never been able to figure out the issue. Is this with the free version? I will add an option to change the way the app minimizes. That way if you have a problem it will just minimize and not to the taskbar.

This has been a real nightmare for me aswell, as good as the program is sometimes it will just minimize itself to taskbar and once its there it will NOT come back...EVER!

I mean it's stil logging as I can see on the live acars map but just cant open it to file the pirep :/

Would really welcome as you said another way to minimize the application :)

Jeff:

I have been doing a little experimenting and, I think, found the answer to this. I use Microsoft Security Essentials for AV protection and it has "Real Time Protection" in it. If I shut off the "Monitor Files" feature within that, it restores from the systray as it should. Not sure if it is just MSE or if other AV/Anti Spyware software causes problems. I would suspect that since MSE is monitoring the files for malware-like behavior kACARS must be acting in a way that MSE considers malware-like when attempting to restore.

Hope this helps you to track this critter down.

Brian

Jeff:

I have been doing a little experimenting and, I think, found the answer to this. I use Microsoft Security Essentials for AV protection and it has "Real Time Protection" in it. If I shut off the "Monitor Files" feature within that, it restores from the systray as it should. Not sure if it is just MSE or if other AV/Anti Spyware software causes problems. I would suspect that since MSE is monitoring the files for malware-like behavior kACARS must be acting in a way that MSE considers malware-like when attempting to restore.

Hope this helps you to track this critter down.

Brian

I'm running F-Secure virus software. Switching F-Secure off does not change anything. It remains impossible to reopen the system tray icon.

I'm also running Process Explorer from Sysinternals.com. With this tool it is also not possible to reopen the system tray icon.

Process Explorer is available at:

http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/sysinternals/bb896653

Greetz

Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

Using the same version as topic starter.

As our CEO Cor said earlier maybe a setting to disable minimize would be handy.

Regards,

Kees

There is a workaround :rolleyes:!!!!!

Start VA Acars

Minimize ; Icon is shown im system tray

Start VA Acars for the second time

Minimize ; Now there are 2 icons in the system tray

Double click icon in the system tray

VA Acars restores the screen, if not double click the other icon

Now you can use VA Acars and minimize and restore.

There is always the other icon in the system tray that does not react on double click.

Greetz

Jacob

As stated above. Any owner can contact me and I will add the setting.

Hi,

As Kees stated before, Cor our V-Bird CEO already suggested it in Issue #3

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

He wrote:

Hey Jeff,

That will be me I will sent you a mail this coming week with some more requests and

the order for some new options you have made.

I would like to point out that Jacob is till now the only one with that problem,

but maybe a setting to disable that will be handy.

As always with regards,

Cor

Regards,

Jacob

Guest lorathon

Please note:

That will be me I will sent you a mail this coming week with some more requests and

the order for some new options you have made.

Cor is the owner of the application. I can not make the change until I have heard from him. If I had from him it would have been done. Once he contacts me I will add the function. Until that time I can not do anything. As stated Cor owns it and it is only Cor that can request the change. I hope you understand.

Regards,

Jeff