Adding an Airline

Bluemax

Gents, I have been aware you can add an airline to phpvms. But beside just adding a new airline code, how do you assign a separate rank structure and awards structure. What does adding an airline mean and what can I do with it, basically is my question. I see no separate identity accept pilot ID? We run a Air Force VA wish to add Navy. Different structure. How do I separate the two. There is no instruction in the document vault.

• Administrators

With the current system the only thing you can really do is create a seperate airline - basically a callsign prefix - to seperate the groups. You can then use if statements in the templates to just show what members you would like shown. I am working on a similar request from another va but have gone ahead and created a sperate set of tables for the members of the military division as I could not find a way to truly seperate the pilots in a single phpvms install.

With the current system the only thing you can really do is create a seperate airline - basically a callsign prefix - to seperate the groups. You can then use if statements in the templates to just show what members you would like shown. I am working on a similar request from another va but have gone ahead and created a sperate set of tables for the members of the military division as I could not find a way to truly seperate the pilots in a single phpvms install.

I appreciate the feedback, I kind of knew this but thought maybe I was missing something. It would have been great to run an Air Force and Navy program on the same site. I will acquire another server, I have had no luck running two or more phpvms on the same server. No matter how I set the phpvms_prefix at setup, or how I setup or identify the databases on the server there is always an email and password conflict between the sites if members from one site wish to join both programs. So I run a Modern USAF Command on one server and a 1950 ~ 1990 Strategic Air Command on another server and now want to add a Naval program this is a third server.

I'm hoping one day all you php wizards will develop a Phpmms (Military management system) phpvms is great for the commercial industry, but we have to work around some features and the lack of other features to use it on a military VA. But, its still the best game in town.(Phpvms) Thanks again........don't no how to tag this Solved?

• Administrators

The conflict you are running into is actually a browser cookie conflict. You can solve this by naming the auth cookies different for each site on the server. I at any time may have up to 10 test installs running on one server for clients.

On line 575 (yes, down past the "Dont edit past here!" markings - lol) in your app.config.php file you will find the line

define('VMS_AUTH_COOKIE', 'VMSAUTH');

You can change the VMSAUTH to something different for each install, that way the browsers and the sites will not get confused. Just name it something unique, using "COOKIE" will most likely conflict with some other site on the web.

The conflict you are running into is actually a browser cookie conflict. You can solve this by naming the auth cookies different for each site on the server. I at any time may have up to 10 test installs running on one server for clients.

On line 575 (yes, down past the "Dont edit past here!" markings - lol) in your app.config.php file you will find the line

define('VMS_AUTH_COOKIE', 'VMSAUTH');

You can change the VMSAUTH to something different for each install, that way the browsers and the sites will not get confused. Just name it something unique, using "COOKIE" will most likely conflict with some other site on the web.

Thanks for the cookie info, never occured to me. I brought the subject up last October never got a reply, wound up getting another server. Thanks