Creating a second airline with the same ICAO code?

MBrown

Sorry guys but question time again :lol: hoping to rack your brains slightly.

So here's my question, when I installed phpvms I created the airline "Palmair Virtual" with ICAO code: EAF.

Now Palmair was a brainchild of tour operator Bath Travel to offer good priced routes across Europe. Their planes being only two were chartered from European Aviation Air Charter and painted in Palmair's own colors. On ATC Palmair used EAF and EUROCHARTER after their charter company.

But now I was going to add another airline (as is an option in phpvms) being European Aviation Air Charter. As by popular demand there are pilots who want to fly for both Palmair AND it's charter company who operated 6 Boeing 737-200s and 3 BAC 1-11s. Which to me sounds like a superb idea as the two companies were based in the small airport of Bournemouth.

Although it would of course mean adding a second airline with the SAME ICAO code!

So I was just checking if anybody knows if that would cause any problems? I can't imagine it would at all.

And also I will be using simpilot's new Charter Module so Pilots can create new charter routes whenever they feel like it to give freedom of flying.

I have it all well thought out how to display all the information and using a separate company.

Pilots will just upload PIREPS with the same code, and then in the register page you can have two options to either be with palmair or european aviation :)

Slightly long winded, hey! Just want to make sure no experts can see a glitch :S

Thanks,

Matthew

i dont think it will work on 1 phpvms install as the airlines manager in the admin will see the ICAO as the same and will give an error

Hmmm I see, then in that case I will have to think of a clever idea to resolve it. (Which I think I do :lol: )

Thanks Joeri!