Any Safeguards against Time Acceleration

CharlieM

I wonder could someone help me with regards to VA's and how their rankings are effected by time acceleration by pilots.

I know of one VA which actively encourages it's pilots to use time acceleration during all long haul flights, presumably in order to get a high ranking position.

I am just wondering if there is any safeguard against this practice, which to my mind puts all reputable VA's at a great disadvantage.

Please excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong place by the way, I am unfamiliar with the forums.

Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Its a bit of a grey area, some VA's use time acceleration and some don't, all VA's are different the main point is that only the actual hours flown is recorded to the pilots profile not the scheduled hours.

There is something that can be done, we use it on another VA, the tracking system detects time acceleration and resets the sim back to x1 normal rate, im sure Jeff could add this to the custom kACARS program.