Database Questions

hollinst

Hello,

I am looking for some help/information about a project that I am working on. I am building a Virtual Airline Alliance website (html) not linked to any of the member airlines phpVMS systems.

I want to set up a page similar to this ( http://www.staralliance.com/en/booking/flight-search/ ). I want to create a flight search module like this to show all of the members flights including airport changes(remember, this isn't plugging in to any phpVMS system at the moment and most likely wont). Lets say you search EGLL - KSAN. Lets say that there isn't a direct flight for any of the airlines, however there is a flight on carrier A from EGLL to KJFK, then a flight on carrier B from KJFK to KSAN. I want both of those flights to show up like it does on the real world United Airlines website if you search say Denver to Tokyo. It shows the DEN to ORD flight followed by the connecting ORD to NRT flight. Another example could be seen at this link http://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=KDEN&destination=RJAA&Search=.

I hope someone knows what I mean.

I figure that that the way to do this would be set up a database to hold all of the route information (like phpVMS). Then, create a "search box" that would look through the database and find the information inside then display the information along with the prices, routes, aircraft, etc. I do not know for sure, but I do not think that this would work with html. This would not be a booking system, only a searchable database (?) to display all of the information and showcase how the members of the alliance actually compliment each other.

Any help would be much appreciated!