sql Database backup

kbohme

Hello,

The server I use was just down for days...they ended up having to reload everything from an out of date backup. Unfortunately my pilots have now lost quite a few of their flights. This makes me unhappy..

I was wondering if I could setup a (i think its called cron) command that would automatically backup the database on my server and send the file to another server I use. I use a cron to do daily maintenance on the site tables etc...and was oping I could do the same thing with a backup.

I am hoping to automate it as there are times when I can be away from a computer for up to a week at a time because of work, so my manual backups won't be adequate.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

Kurt

Hello,

The server I use was just down for days...they ended up having to reload everything from an out of date backup. Unfortunately my pilots have now lost quite a few of their flights. This makes me unhappy..

I was wondering if I could setup a (i think its called cron) command that would automatically backup the database on my server and send the file to another server I use. I use a cron to do daily maintenance on the site tables etc...and was oping I could do the same thing with a backup.

I am hoping to automate it as there are times when I can be away from a computer for up to a week at a time because of work, so my manual backups won't be adequate.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

Kurt

I a have CRON run nightly to backup my database and send it to a special email account for archiving.

AutoMySQLBackup VER 2.5.1

http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/