Magix 7 Web Designer and PHPVMS

North Air

Hi North Air,

I'm not familiar with this software, but from a quick look at their website it looks a bit basic.

In order to create a skin (which i assume is what you mean by template or homepage?) to style phpvms to look the way you want it, you need to be familiar with some HTML Code, some CSS Code, and the very basics of PHP.

If the software you have will open the template files and you can edit them in a code view it should be suitable. In terms of how to actually produce a skin I reckon you have two options, depending on how confident you currently are with web design or how willing you are to give it a crack,

Firstly you could take the easy route and have one built for you, there are loads of people who are willing to do custom skins for a small fee, I have personally used a chap called Tom in the past for an old project, (He Will no doubt post here at some point :Dhttp://www.fstools.co.uk/ ) and can't recommend his work highly enough, however there are plenty of other people to speak to.

Secondly, you could try making one yourself. Nabeel has put together a decent introductory guide on skinning PHPVMS, this coupled with the W3 Schools tutorials on the very basics of HTML, CSS and PHP and you should be able to figure it out with some trial and error, and if you get stuck this forum is usually a treasure trove of advice and help.

I hope this points you in some kind of useful direction,

All the best,