Update and information...

MBrown

Good morning fellow CEOs and pilots,

I'm just writing this little update as a lot ofyou have asked me if everything was ok.

As you may have seen before we were called Palmair Virtual, and it was going superbly well as I had been in regular contact with the real world Palmair and they agreed that I could use their name for a virtual airline.

But only if I officially start operations in 6 months time (since palmair were still getting rid of employess and closing the company down it was a tought time). So 6 months passed and I contacted them again, but my regular contact had unfortunately moved companies and the response I got was that I still couldn't use the name because they didn't think enough time had passed, and he said that he didn't think it would be any time soon :mellow:

So fair enough I had to go along with it. But it was kind of a shame after having gotten so much experience ready to start my first position as CEO and after doing so much that I didn't want to put it to waste. So we decided to set our plans on something else...

I had previously been the Operations manager at Futura Virtual up until the point it unfortunately closed. But with the kind permission of it's previous owner we set about trying things around.

Futura was a Spanish Charter airline based at Palma de Mallorca, Spain and had an extensive fleet of 737-400/800/900 type aircraft.

And another Spanish charter airline also based in Palma de Mallorca was that of Iberworld (of which I have flown many times). Their planes served to fly tourists to and from the Iberostar Hotels around the globe and also to the cruise ships in the Iberocruceros division. Consisting of a small fleet of A320s and A330-200/300.

Both are now unfortunately "extinct", but we are think it would be a great idea to maintain them virtually. Iberworld will be serving on more scheduled routes and for the purposes mentioned above, and Futura will be primarily operating charters for tour operators (and othe airlines incase of a problem with their own aircraft). All real world routes of course.

Both sites are still under development and will be rolled out soon. Futura is already more or less done with thanks to Nick and his great template which we have changed just slightly.

Iberworld on the other hand will be receiving "special" care and is currently being worked on with thanks to Jon (which should be finished by tomorrow). And we would like to extend our thanks to Graham at British Airways Virtual for his kind help aswell.

I know that people who are tycoon crazy and start opening up multiple airlines on here get looked at funny :lol: But I can assure everyone that the utmost care and dedication will be evenly shared by both VAs to make a great virtual environment for todays VPilots. I feel it even more as I live near Palma de Mallorca Airport!

When they are done they will be live for preview below:

FUA.png = www.futura-va.com

-

IWD.png = www.iberworldva.com

Thanks in advance for the support and I look forward to giving a further update very soon (where I will welcome any thoughts or positive crticism :) )

Kind Regards,

Matthew