starting making my own skin need help

jamyboy

Dear Forum members now its been few days i have been watching phpvms forums to see how things work here so finally i decided to make my own skin from scratch i have bit knowledge of codes but not full expert i need help in making this skin so first of all you guys should know what is my plan what kind of template i am making so you can assist me here is the rough sketch or idea of my template.

SITE-SAMPLE-1.gif

now please help in in coding this the main problem which i have is to adjust sidebars and also i want to keep in mind that i only want to show my sidebars on front page not on all of the pages so please suggest me what should i do from where i can start.

Thanks

James

well thanks edmundk i have tested and checked all the templates available for download in Skinning section all of them are greatly developed for the needs of the VA owners but my main motive is to make my own custom template which is not look alike the templates already in use by many Virtual Airlines on net but thanks for your kind suggestion brother.

Anyone else have something for me any suggestion which will work in making css based templates from scratch.

looking forward for the replies

Have a Good Day

James

yea i got the idea of converting the html files into .tpl from help documents thanks to jeff and Tom for now i just need some html and css tutorials websites from where i can learn making templates from scratch i have also Google but with no luck didn't got any helpful website.

if anyone have suggestions for me please post here i am looking forward to it.

Regards

Jamy