Auto-generate inactivity email

AGuyFawkesMask

Hello and Happy New Year to all,

At my virtual airline, each pilot is required to submit two (2) PIREPs each month. I'm curious to know how I can modify either my app.config.php or local.config.php file to verify this for each pilot before declaring them inactive.

I'm also looking to obtain a script that will send a pilot three (3) emails: 1) One email that alerts them that I've reached inactive status and need to complete two (2) flights to remain active. 2) Another email that gets sent out two (2) weeks after the previous one which will warn them that they are nearing termination. And 3) the third one will alert them that they are terminated following two (2) weeks of the second email.

I'm not incredibly advanced with PHP, but I do know enough to get by. With a little help from the talent on this forum, I'm sure we can put this together.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and Happy New Year to all,

At my virtual airline, each pilot is required to submit two (2) PIREPs each month. I'm curious to know how I can modify either my app.config.php or local.config.php file to verify this for each pilot before declaring them inactive.

I'm also looking to obtain a script that will send a pilot three (3) emails: 1) One email that alerts them that I've reached inactive status and need to complete two (2) flights to remain active. 2) Another email that gets sent out two (2) weeks after the previous one which will warn them that they are nearing termination. And 3) the third one will alert them that they are terminated following two (2) weeks of the second email.

I'm not incredibly advanced with PHP, but I do know enough to get by. With a little help from the talent on this forum, I'm sure we can put this together.

Thanks in advance!

Hello

Happy New Year too.

Change Pilot inactive here. local.config.php Line 39 at 41

# After how long to mark a pilot inactive, in days
Config::Set('PILOT_AUTO_RETIRE', true);
Config::Set('PILOT_INACTIVE_TIME', 30);

PILOT_INACTIVE_TIME = Maintains the pilot dead in 30 days or the days you choose.

By.

Fernando

Hello

Happy New Year too.

Change Pilot inactive here. local.config.php Line 39 at 41

# After how long to mark a pilot inactive, in days
Config::Set('PILOT_AUTO_RETIRE', true);
Config::Set('PILOT_INACTIVE_TIME', 30);

PILOT_INACTIVE_TIME = Maintains the pilot dead in 30 days or the days you choose.

By.

Fernando

Thanks for the reply, Fernando. I was able to locate those lines in my local.config.php file, but do you have any ideas how I could go about writing a script to send out warning emails to a member *before* they're marked inactive?

Thanks for the reply, Fernando. I was able to locate those lines in my local.config.php file, but do you have any ideas how I could go about writing a script to send out warning emails to a member *before* they're marked inactive?

You can do this using and edit file email_pilot_retired.tpl

www.mysite.com/core/templates/email_pilot_retired.tpl

You leaving enabling it automatically sends e-mail the next day of inactivity.

By.

Fernando

You can do this using and edit file email_pilot_retired.tpl

www.mysite.com/core/templates/email_pilot_retired.tpl

You leaving enabling it automatically sends e-mail the next day of inactivity.

By.

Fernando

Ah! This makes for an excellent solution in the interim, but do you know if anyone's using a script that sends multiple emails prior to a member actually being marked as retired?