For the future

darrenvox

As w know, a lot of us can connect to kacars or acars and with a lot of va's using both tracking services they can see on the acars map where each other is and can chat with each other bwforen or after they fly which makes chatting with them even harder..

I'm wondering if kacars and acars could stay a tracking service but eventually turn into a vatsim like area. Where instead of just seeing them from a map you could actually fly with them, and yes I know you could do that on vatsim as well but they may not always connect to vatsim so connecting to the acars Flightsim server would be much more fun, you could chat with each other as you fly no need for making ".msg ovaXXX hello where you headed" type messages so that no one else hears...

Im not saying that I don't I'll vatsim I just had an idea...if its stupid then ignore it I just though that having the chat window I kacars not availible as I fly it's kind of useless...

Anyways tell me what you think

You would need a dedicated server for that, Vatsim has a data center, where they have servers running. A normal hosting account is quite often hosted on a shared server, so you can't run a multiplayer server on it, nor run TS on it for that matter. As it also uses up a lot of bandwidth. It is a nice idea though, but not really doable.

Guest lorathon

The custom kACARS have a chat function. This is internal to a VA. Other than that Mr. Bean is correct. Why re-invent the wheel :). Plus I dont have the time nor the resources to match VATSIM.