Pages outside the system

HighFlyerPL185

Hello there,

I was wondering how to create html pages that use the layout template and that do not need to be edited by the system and the editor inside Admin Panel, but rather via HTML. I'll explain why because you may think that I'm trying to cheat the system, or I'm bollocking the product. The product is in fact very fantastic and functional, yet I find that remaking pages everytime you reinstall phpVMS (happens to me quite often, as I'm developing) is quite annoying, because you lose your pages. It would be nice if there would be a way to create pages and link them to the menu. I would appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

HighFlyer

Well you can create the files in that directory manually if you want to code them yourself.

If you just wanted to include the layout you'd have to go through and include quite a lot of files as the majority are included automatically...

• Administrators

Not sure if this might be what you are looking for but you can create a custom module to display pages within the system without using the pages editor in the admin panel. This can be especially helpful if the pages you are trying to use include php code as the editor sometimes makes this nearly impossible.

You can find a quick post with a basic example here -> http://david-clark.net/phpvms-content-module/