Hows does an Acars send information?

Scott

So I'm looking at implementing a few ideas on my VA's but was wondering how does an Acars send information to the VA over the net and could this be changed to send information to two different places?

Any help would be great!

Regards

Scott

Normally they make a HTTP request to a page on your site, sending GET or POST variables for the data.

Oh right I get you...

...So could the same code be used to send information from one website to another like our VA's to VA Central?

If so how would I go about doing this?

Oh right I get you...

...So could the same code be used to send information from one website to another like our VA's to VA Central?

If so how would I go about doing this?

Easiest would probably be the same as the ACARS program does; make an HTTP request to a script on the other website, send the data in the POST.

So I've been reading up on it and can't seem to find much about setting up a HTTP request...Do you havemuch experience in this field?

Yeah, you'll probably want to use cURL - can't remember off the top of my head how exactly to use it but I have a couple of examples...

Yeah, you'll probably want to use cURL - can't remember off the top of my head how exactly to use it but I have a couple of examples...

...If you could help me out with this then I would be forever in your debt...also I will help out by recommending you Tracking system you have on your website?

• Moderators

Just to add.

For the last few weeks, I have been developing an custom ACARS for Sun Country Virtual and we have been successful in two BETA ver. testing. Trust me, starting that project wasn't that easy when you start pulling hair out and thinking why the damn ACARS won't log in. lol. Got to have patience.

Our ACARS uses WebRequest POST method all in XML style so that way it's easier. And recommended to do that way from other topic I remember.

Good Luck!