Annual report/statistics for your airline & pirep datamining

mischka

Dear CEO's

Last year I made a 5-page report, based on the pireps, for the VA I used to "work for". This information helped us (the management at the time) a great deal in making decisions to take the airline forwards.

Today I have decided to make this information available to you, for a small fee.

What you will get is a pdf document full of stats and graphs about your airline, which will give you a statistic, objective insight in your operations. You will have numbers, black on white, that tell you the state of your virtual enterprise.

The graphs will be based on your pilots reports (PIREP) data, which contain tons of information. (you do know the difference between data and information, right? ;) )

So, here are a few examples of what is possible:

This graph shows pireps logged by (UTC) clock-hour:

post-3349-0-96302300-1352841932_thumb.jpg

It enables you to see at what times most of your pilots like to fly, and change the schedules accordingly. This graph can be modified to include another line, showing at what time all these flights actually started.

The next graph shows the pilot reports by region, over time.

post-3349-0-03323000-1352841931_thumb.jpg

Regions, in this case, were Caribbean, Canada (CA), North America (NA) and EMEA: Europe, Middle east and Africa.

The graphs I offer here will more likely be based on the first letter of the ICAO code of the destination airport. So, K for united states, T for caribbean, L and E for europe etc.

Breakdown per country is also possible, but might be messy if you have too many countries.

Here is a more simplified, overall, breakdown of regions. Next to it is a breakdown by division/airline if you operate multiple airlines:

post-3349-0-69567500-1352841931_thumb.jpg

This is a breakdown by aircraft type:

post-3349-0-33678000-1352841932_thumb.jpg

Note that for this I would also need additional data, see below

This is an example of a graph that compares two years: green is the past year, red is the year before, the purple line could be growth, or something else you'd like to see. It can compare your year to the year before.

I'm quite flexible and open to new ideas and proposals

post-3349-0-96302300-1352841932_thumb.jpg

Other statistics/graphs that I did before, and would be included:

- most popular airport (both for departure, arrival and combined: you'll be surprised at the differences!)

- least popular airport (again, departure and arrival may vary a great deal. Now you know which airports you can scrap from your list of destinations)

- amount/percentage of rejected pireps (as far as they are kept on file)

- financial reports on routes and aircraft. Which of your routes/aircraft are most profitable, and where do you need an increase in ticket price

- average cost/fuel burn per mile for each aircraft

So, you may wonder how I will get the data about your airline? Do I need admin access? No way, I wouldn't want to have an account at all your airlines :) All YOU need to do, is go to phpadmin and dump the phpvms_pireps table in a csv file. If you want a breakdown per aircraft types, I'll need the aircraft table as well. In case of custom pirep fields -> contact me per PM.

You then send these files to my email address (will be provided by PM) and send me 10 euro on paypal. Within a matter of days (depending on workload) you'll have a comprehensive report in pdf format. If you include your VA logo I will put that in the letter-head as well :)

If 10 bucks seems much for a report, then think again: it (probably) takes you more time to make this yourself than to earn those 10 bucks filling shelves in the supermarket. Time you can spend flying, hang out with friends or improving your VA on the basis of objective, quality information in this report.

And again: if you have any ideas/suggestions/requirements for certain graphs -> respond to this thread.

Thanks for your attention - I'm looking forward to your reactions :)

post-3349-0-51629800-1352845460_thumb.jpg