Can't login as admin anymore

avp

I think my previous post failed to post....

Until a few weeks ago I was able to login to the site as administrator and do all administrative activities. Today when I use those same credentials (I have not changed them) results in me being brought to a login page asking for my login credentials. I doesn't go further than that.

However, when I used the kACARS Free client 1.0.1 (latest) using those same credentials, I managed to log in to the system using the kACARS client but NOT on the website.

I then used the password reset and it said it sent a password reset link to my account but I never receive it. I checked the email address on the database and it is correct. But in the meantime due to the password reset, the system has reset my password to something unknown so now I can't even login with kACARS either.

I think my previous post failed to post....

Until a few weeks ago I was able to login to the site as administrator and do all administrative activities. Today when I use those same credentials (I have not changed them) results in me being brought to a login page asking for my login credentials. I doesn't go further than that.

However, when I used the kACARS Free client 1.0.1 (latest) using those same credentials, I managed to log in to the system using the kACARS client but NOT on the website.

I then used the password reset and it said it sent a password reset link to my account but I never receive it. I checked the email address on the database and it is correct. But in the meantime due to the password reset, the system has reset my password to something unknown so now I can't even login with kACARS either.

Have you got a recent backup of your database for phpVMS?

Have you got anyone else registered with administration permissions? Has the same happened to them?

Thanks

At the moment I am the ONLy one registered and the only one with administrative permissions on both phpVMS and the database. I did a restore but that didn't help either.

What puzzles me was that I on the website I couldn't login but with the kACARS client login was successful. That was of course until I initiated the password reset, now I can't login either way.

• Moderators

Where you using your PID as the username or your email address? Cause I remember I had that issue and I changed my PID to my email address and that fixed it. About the password reset, have you checked your email spam box? cause sometimes the emails from your VA go to spam folder.

Where you using your PID as the username or your email address? Cause I remember I had that issue and I changed my PID to my email address and that fixed it. About the password reset, have you checked your email spam box? cause sometimes the emails from your VA go to spam folder.

Tried both PID and email to no avail :( However, there seems to be some strange issue with the mail because the SMTP is configured in the local.config.php, I have tested the email addresses and their credentials and they are okay but somehow phpVMS fails to actually send the message but doesn't say it has failed. There are no messages in the junk/spam folders.

HOWEVER... I had to put on the white hat for a while. Logged in directly to the database, changed the email address of the admin user to my domain's email address (rather than using a GMail/Hotmail address as recipient), then did the forgotten password recovery. Only then (internal email) was I able to receive the reset email. I reset the email to the known password and after that I was able to log in via the phpVMS system on the website. I changed my email address to the original (hotmail) address.

However... now that I can login again with the phpVMS web application, now the kACARS_Free refuses to login. If on the other hand I couldn't login on the web application then I could with the kACARS client. So, they are operational but in a mutually exclusive manner. I am puzzled... Now I can administer the system but can't connect with the pilot client application.

You could try creating another account, using the registration form, accept/register that account, then try to connect with the client using that account. If that works ok, try giving admin permissions to that account, using the one that currently works and see what happens.