FSX long haul flights don't talk long

Zishan

I want to know why my flights are not the normal time as in I done a flight KLAX-RJAA and it took me 10:07:25 at FL360 and at a normal cruise speed between the red and orange line. When I searched the flight time up it normally takes 11 hours and 40 minutes i wanna know why don't i get real life time?

Thank you

• Like 5

Real world flight times can depend on the route flown that day, weather conditions, traffic/ATC instructions both encounters and around airports, on time vs late departure and arrival, the specifics of the flight itself (chosen cost index, speed/altitude flown at, etc). All these little things can add up to what can be a very different flight time.

Melbourne-Sydney flights are often scheduled as an hour and a half even though its only 50min on average in actual flight, the rest is padding to allow for delays and encounters conditions (and also makes on time performance figures look artificially high).

Real world flight times can depend on the route flown that day, weather conditions, traffic/ATC instructions both encounters and around airports, on time vs late departure and arrival, the specifics of the flight itself (chosen cost index, speed/altitude flown at, etc). All these little things can add up to what can be a very different flight time.

Melbourne-Sydney flights are often scheduled as an hour and a half even though its only 50min on average in actual flight, the rest is padding to allow for delays and encounters conditions (and also makes on time performance figures look artificially high).

Perhaps the winds were in your favor. :-p

Thank you very much!