need help

Onno

Hello

I need help with the skin for my site when i enter the code <?php echo $page_content; ?> i get the standard text that the installer placing on the site.

Where can i change that text because when i deleted that code i cant open any screens.

i need help because i don't know it anymore.

maybe it is a possibility to place some more documents on the site how to change it.

greetz onno

• Members

In order to help you need to tell us what kind of template you are using or some code would be nice.

If you see crystal theme the default for phpvms you will see how it is made if you put it side by side with your html document then i think you will be able to understand how it is made

By what you are telling us most propably you have the skin in wrong place or you didnt placed the php flags remember on almost each template you must open start with <?php

^ Not really...

By the sounds of it you're editing layout.tpl. layout.tpl is for layout only. What you're seeing on the homepage is likely the default news item added by phpVMS - you can remove this from the admin panel.

If you want to create/edit content on specific pages, you either create a custom page in the admin panel, or edit the appropriate .tpl file for the page you're trying to edit.

• Members

Thanks Tom i think i understood something wrong

Onno you want to remove this text ?

Thanks for installing and using phpVMS!
Check out the docs for help and information on getting started on your VA.
This is just a starter skin - customize yours completely. This is just a basic, barebones example of what a skin is and how it works. Check out the crystal folder in the lib/skins directory. Make your own copy and fiddle around. For help, check out the forum, and skinning docs. Also, be sure to check out the skinning tutorials for a quick primer. The forums are also filled with plenty of helpful people for any questions you may have.
Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...