Multiple aircraft and as many different REG #'s

EZE0176

Hello Nabeel,

Thanks for the response on integrating FSPax's logs into FSACARS...

Here's an additional question regarding the A/C type pulldown after the "Flight from VA" has been selected.

Scenario.  My VA has multiple Saabs and Jetstreams... each with its own registration number.  So, imagine for a minute, when you pull this list down... all you see is - for example - 20 "JS41" entries in the list.  Somewhere in that list - I have to imagine - is a concatenated registration number which is INVISIBLE in the pulldown list.  So, if you - after a series of trial and errors - manage to select the correct "JS41", then the correct registration number shows up in the Reg # field.

Is there any way the pulldown list can include the registration numbers as well as the a/c type?  In fact, each pilot already knows what equipment he is flying. All the pilot needs to do is select the correct registration number from the list and PRESTO.

Is that something our Administrator can do... reconfigure what's displayed in the pulldown list?

Thanks in advance,

Keith Rocke - EZE0176

Nabeel,

Here is the CORRECT scenario...

1) at the FSAcars screen... Flight Log|Acars Messages|Flight/Planes Data|Flight Plan|Information browser

2) Aircraft Type pulldown. We have multiple Saabs and Jetstream 4100's in the fleet. And, each plane has a unique REG #.

What would be nice to have in that pulldown is a JOIN (or concatenation) on the Aircraft Type AND Registration Number.  Basically a wider display list... so you could see which airplane type AND the unique registration for that plane.  Right now, it's a 'shot in the dark' trying to pick the correct REG NUMBER for the plane you're flying or are about to fly - as all that is visible in the list is 12 SB20 and about 19 JS41.

Once you make the selection from this pulldown, the REG # is sent over to the line below - "Regist" field...  The funny thing is - unless the system was not set up correctly before... this "Regist" field is now a pulldown ALSO and really shouldn't be as the registration number was passed by the selection from the "Aircraft Type" pulldown on the line above.

ADDITIONAL:

I followed your suggestion and pasted the FSPax log (cut 'n paste from FSPassengers) from the last flight into the 'Remarks' field.... where it defaults to "+RMK/" and nothing was sent over as an addition to the FSAcars log.

This is pretty odd... isn't it?

Again... Thanks for your time,

Keith

EZE0176

• 5 years later...

Hi Nabeel,

Trying to fix something out wich look a bit like this post;

I'm using real booking mod in my company and for now everything is fine as I only have 1 a/c for each type (2), so 1 registration for each. But the minut I will buy another a/c lets say my second B737-500. Is it possible that instead of just having 1 registration that can do for example flight RGX020, having all B737-500 that can do it? I probably should change my flight scheds so it recognizes the type instead of registration, and then the script look for

schedules->aircraft

if aircraftlocation != pilot location (continue);

and something like aircraft rank <= pilotrank, and

$data of remaining or available aircraft appears in a dropdown menu that the pilot select, and then click add bid..

So the flight is still available for bis as long as there's 1 aircraft of the same type available to bid on it..

Hope this is clear enough,

Thanks,

Bernard

www.regionalexpressairlines.ca