to Nabell in regard to your answer to me

big red 1

Thanks Nabeel, you are indeed a good man. Are you a teacher? I ask because you bring out the best qualities of an educator. If you don’t mind a bunch of what might seem to you like really dumb questions, then I want to use your administrator. Here is a good one to start off with. When I down load your virtual airline administrator I am assuming I am getting an operating platform that is more or less a template that runs a VA; is that correct?  From there will I be prompted to enter my data? For example I have worked out, or better said nearing the end of working out a clockwork route system that has over 750 daily fights. I would assume there are prompts that allow me to enter this data?  Because I will use this as a learning tool for High school free enterprise students who will never have the time to fly all of these flights can I automate netherworlds is there a way to fly all the routes not flown by my students?  Doing this will them to work the business end, which is the real goal. That said could I clone the operation. That way I can have one exclusively for class room use and another identical version to put on the web that operates within one of the many net works now in existence. With this much work I would really like to go live and see how many pilots and the like I can get to join. Finally will I have to write a lot of code or will your system allow me to do a lot of point and click to build the site. About ten years ago my son and I using the old Netscape built a pretty cool college football site. We had to write very little code and followed the template to create a very unique and well visited site. This time I will have to build it on my own as my son now lives out of town and creates and maintains websites for a living. So that is all for now. Again thanks and if I start to ask too many questions and or you get to the point where  you fell your time could be spent better not working with me just please let me know. Otherwise I am fired up about creating a great VA Best Regards

Sorry, I know this post is addressed to Nabeel but.. he isn't on the forum right know and I think I can answer your questions.

First, yes, phpVMS is a content management system for airlines, it is the system behind everything and you can get an airline running quickly as it only requires editing a few settings to get started.

I'm not quite sure how you have created your schedules, but you can add schedules through the admin panel either manually, or import them from a data file (.csv) - if you manually add a schedule and export the table, you can see the layout of the table, add your schedules in there and just import.

As far as I am aware it is not possible to automate flights, but you could just file PIREPS without flying them.

If you have the appropriate software (e.g. XAMMP) you can set up an install of phpvms locally, yes - however it would be easier to set up another install somewhere else online.

When building the website it comes with 2 skins built in, however it is relatively easy to customise. If you have a watch of the skinning tutorial it shows you how to use a free css template as a skin.

Thanks Tom !!! Your answer was a big help. The schedule i am doing is a little Different in that as a learning tool I want my students to understand how the US airline industry evolved, so I am flying the DC-3. That changes flight times so I can not use regular jet time tables. I am setting them in routes which due to range requires a good bit of milk runs. The whole thing has a back story of historical fiction and within a year or so we will enter the jet age. But for now we will in essence be operating in the late 1940’s. I think as a site in the VA community I might draw interest in pilots wanting to take this sentimental journey. Again thanks I cant tell you how much all the help and ideas this site gives me. Best regards

Big Red