Letters

goran298

• Administrators

Ahh UTF8 and Unicode issues. PHP doesn't handle unicode the best, but a few things might help: - setting a character encoding:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

Put that in your <head></head>.You can also set your mysql database/tables to UTF8. I think in phpmyadmin there is an option. If you don't find it, let me know. This may also helpAlso, if you can give me some specifics, I can check the code against the PHP docs and see which functions aren't as unicode friendly. This is supposed to be completely fixed in PHP6. Hopefully that helps a bitNabeel

I have now change this, both in DB and Meta tag.

Look at this page www.colorworldair.com

If you see on the right site the new pilot have not ø, but if you scroll down to the news I added there this system writhe this correct (posted by......)

I have also this issuse in the admin site.

The new pilot was working before I update my self in the admin site....  ???

I have also if you see on this site I have try to work it ot withe use of

ø

• Administrators

I changed the page encoding to ISO-8859-1 (in Firefox, goto View->Character Encoding). Try changing the meta encoding from UTF-8 to that, see if it works. I don't think I have a character encoding specified in the admin skin, if not, try setting it in admin/lib/layout/header.tpl, see if that works.

The reason I did not set an encoding was because it changes, but I'll add a config option to change this, and have it set to that