Nabeel

• Administrators

May have a fix,

Open /core/templates/fsacars_config.tpl

There's the line:

CompanyICAO=<?php echo $userinfo->code?>

Make it:

CompanyICAO=

Just blank. I can't duplicate this error, but let's see if that works as a fix. Report back please!

Thanks

Is this the error in pireps where you get your IATA code twice? Like EZEEZE31X?

I found it was the Flight IATA field on fsacars, i deleted the EZE and just added the 31X and then the double code went.

What ever peice of code generates the fsacars.ini files needs changing?

Dave

• Administrators

Well you're supposed to add the code in the IATA field, since there are multiple airlines. I use the code in that field to map it to a scheduled flight. It's more reliable. But can you try blanking the CompanyICAO and adding the code to the IATA field? Does that work as well?

Ive posted a screen.

fsacars.jpg

In the circled input field you see the letters EZE, say im flying EZE31X. So i add 31X on the end of the EZE, when i file the pirep it gives the report the name EZEEZE31X.

If i remove the EZE and replace it only with 31X (or whatever the flight number might be) the report name is EZE31X

• Administrators

Yup, I know. I'm saying in that field, leave it at EZE31X, but in your VMA.ini, set the CompanyICAO as blank, and see if it still doubles the name. Seems to be working from me.

The reason I need the EZE in that field is to know which airline that 31X belongs to.

here is the mess/bugs or what ever....

If you can add to the system this:

1. when we install this phpVMS you should add to field; ICAO and IATA

2. in the addmin panel we can tell this sytem what we will use as callsign for our pilot and what we will use as flightnr.

3. If you add this fields, the miss understanding with acars fileds "Flight IATA" will drop or at least be minum.

• Administrators

You can define it as icao or iata, it doesn't have to be either. When you enter a flight number or airline code, you can enter it either way. I'm not expecting a ICAO or IATA. That's much more confusing.

In the flight IATA field it is the easier, just enter the airline code (icao or iata, however it is entered in phpvms), and then the flight number. It's written in the documentation clearly.

I found that when I made my routes via the template file, I was adding the code UAM and flight number UAM1212 (for example)

A pilot file a pirep via the bid system, the posted pirep would be:

UAMUAM1212

So, I removed the UAM from the flight number and that's worked so far for me. I haven't done it via FSAcars, but I'm sure that's where the problem lies.

• Administrators

lol i guess the code is at the top :) will try it

Yeah, I want to see if that will work.

Don't remove it from the IATA field, only that CompanyICAO one. I don't have the system coded to handle not having it in the IATA field, it's expecting the code in that field.