Switching from VAFS - A couple questions first

TennShadow

Hello everyone,

First I must say thank you Nabeel for great software. 

As the title states, I'm moving our VA to PHPVMS from VAFS but before I start the project I have a couple questions.

1.  Currently in VAFS my pilots have already earned some v$.  Would there be a way I could manually add that money to their account?

2.  I'm assuming hours can be transferred as well?

2.  I'm mainly waiting for v2 to be released because it has the features we need.  It is OK to start working on skinnings, routes, etc on the beta version?  I'm mean will it transfer over OK when v2 comes out?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Hey there,

1. Yep

2. Yep, there's a separate field for transfer hours, and you can elect to have them included in ranks.

3. Yup, just be sure to update the betas, there won't be big differences. Just be aware, there will be bugs and things in flux, but the basics won't change. Now, it's just bug fixes, no new features really

Thanks for the quick answers.  I do have one more question for you.

A couple of our pilots have over 1000 flights in VAFS.  Would there be a way to add the number of flights they had to their account?  Perhaps through the database?  If this is possible would it mess anything else up?  We only have about a dozen pilots moving over and we would like to keep their number of flights if possible.

Thanks!

Great!

Thank you for the quick replies.  I will download the latest beta and start planning this project.  Don't worry.  I'm not like a few people that I've seen on here get really mad because the "beta" has bugs in it.  ;D  I work with programmers all day so I know a thing or two about beta software.

Thanks again for great software!