Flight Import Problem - 1.1.458

davehardy

try putting something in all the fields. Example would be:

EZE  123 1 EGNR EGTG NOKIN N862 ERNOK L9 ALVIN JS41 99nm 07:45:00 AM 08:30:00 AM Shunt N/A

This would fill in:

Code Flightnm Leg Dept Arriv Route Aircraft Distance Dept time arrive time Flight time Notes

I used FSBuild to get my Route between the airports, plus it also gave me a distance. A free program similar would be Super Flight Planner.

I also converted my flight times to decimal, meaning a 1 hour 30 minute flight would be 1.50. You can google a time to decimal converter and just copy/paste that decimal over.

• Administrators

Also you need commas between the fields (CSV = comma separated values), though excel will insert those if you export.

Match up the columns as well. Distance, etc are optional, though they will come in handy in the future for financials and reports.

Also make sure you're using the registration number for the aircraft.

I know times in decimal format are a little unnatural, but its easier to handle it in mysql.

Ive got MS Office 2007 and it keeps bitching about saving in CSV :(

Do i have to set all my times in decimal now? My import list is huge and i dont want to spend a day editing each time the format changes!

At this rate it willbe quicker for me to add the schedule by hand, i now have to go and make new routes for all my flights and get the distance too which i can do but its going to take hours.