Can't create or edit an avatar

danmand

I just had a pilot message me and told me that he couldn't setup an avatar.  No error message, it says the profile was saved, but the image didn't show up.

I logged into my hosting server and did not see a new image in the libavatar folder.

I then tried to change my avatar image and had the same issue.  There doesn't seem to be an error message but the image won't change.

I did a search here and found some references to permissions being set to 777 on the avatar folders.  On my hosting account, all I get to choose is "read" and "write".  It doesn't say anything about 777.

The version I'm using is 1.2.700

Any ideas on what to try next?

Dan

They were set to read and write but I reset them just in case.

I contacted the hosting company and verified that I could upload through PHP.  But I figured that was the case anyway since I had done it once before when I initially set everything up.

I'm also having other issues as well.  I can't delete a pilot from the administrator group and my rank images aren't showing up.  I wonder if I did something while trying to learn everything that messed up the program.

Do you think a reinstall would be in order?

Thanks Nabeel.  Updating did the trick.

There seems to only certain types of images that are accepted.  (i.e., jpeg)

Is that correct and what types are accepted.  Also, if the image sizes are changed to 80 x 80 is there a limitation on the inital size or dimension of the original image?

Thanks