Will there ever be a version not requiring ACARS?

AustinWilliams

Hey guys,

Just pondering the thought today and was wondering if (in the future) you were planning on releasing a version that doesn't require FSPassengers/ACARS to file PIREPs? Just a general question.. I think that'd be a nice idea as I know lots of people don't like to use ACARs/Passengers and just like to file the flightplan using a form.

Just wonderin'..

Happy New Years,

Austin.

Ciao Austin..

well i think you haven't tested enough the system because IT DOES allready allow you to send pireps manually instead of using other programs....

but obviously people are free to sandbag.. if you love to have pilots with over 1000 hours of which only 10 are really flown you are welcome :)

• Moderators

negative

in a reallive airline it also has fixed airpords where it fly to ok its not so structual but normay they have a set off destinations to fly to same here you put them in the database and then the pilots can fly those airports.

gr joeri

• Administrators

Wait a second - I think I need to clarify.

Is there a way to mod the PIREP page so that pilots can manually enter the departure/arrival airport ICAO codes, instead of having to choose from a list?

Hey, welcome to phpVMS.

Yes, there is a mod for that. You can modify any page through a template, so you can customize it. You can also add "custom fields" for PIREPS for pilots to fill out when they file a PIREP.

If you want to check it out, register at:

http://dev.phpvms.net

And you can poke around and see what's available.