No schedules exist?

UAVCEO

• Administrators

I was just checking if there was a problem with adding completely.

No name for the aircraft, just the registration. (N922UA)

Can you zip and attach the import file you're using so I can test it?

I revamped some of the import code. I might have an update this week/next week sometime to fix a bunch of these little naggling things. I redid alot of the backend code.

So the Aircraft Column now has to be REG's and not the ICAO code?

I dont want to limit my pilots to a certain reg im not really bothered which aircraft from my fleet they use as long as they fly.

I'd like to see an option to add multiple airframes or none at all.

I have read the "work around" but the problem i have is adding a different REG to each flight, my fleet is 8x SAAB and 24x Jetstream!

This will take days to re-work, time i do not want to waste.

If i have to do this then i have to stick to realism and couldn't bring myself to adding one reg to all the SAAB and 1 for the JS because i love to get it as close to RL as possible.

This is a major set back for my VA.

• Administrators

Well, just add one saab and one jetstream, and assign a reg to each one (so total of two aircraft), then just assign that reg number to the schedule, so then you only have those two aircraft listed. You don't need to add 8 saab aircraft with one reg (it won't let you anyway), just add one with one reg, and use that one across your schedules.

It would be good to have the option not to add a reg too, then the pilot can add his preferred REG in FSACARS which would then tie in with the fleet database when they LOG the flight adding the info.

All so the option not to add an aircraft to the flight, so in my example the drop down list when adding a schedule would be JS41, SB20, NONE.

This would cover all bases for the amount of realism VA's want.

I have added all the aircraft in the real airline http://www.airframes.org/fleet/eze so pilots can have the option to fly them all but not be restricted to one aircraft per flight.

• Administrators

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in the first part, if you mean having a option not to add a registration, that  becomes a little tricky with FSACARS, and other statistics functions which are coming.

But when filling a PIREP, it's not restricted to the assigned aircraft. It'll take whatever registration they enter (in FSACARS or on the form), as long as its been added. I suppose you can add an "aircraft" called none, with "none" as the registration and then assign that to your schedules. The stats will look at the PIREPS as the reference point on usage stats, so there are no worries about "holes" in the actual usage.

Well the way i see it at the moment is that if i add 1 SAAB reg and 1 JS41 reg all the flights in my schedule will be flown by those reg's only yeah?

So if i want an accurate real life representation i need to add all my real aircraft and assign a different reg to each flight?

• Administrators

Yep, that's how it'll be the most realistic, since that's how it's done.

I don't cross check regs and say its being flown on another flight at the same time, just to make it easier. And it doesn't have to be flown using that reg, a pilot can use any reg. Though now if they book the flight and import it using FSACARS, it'll pull that reg in.

Would an importer for aircraft help, similar to the schedules?