Enhanced PHPVMS

nexissair

Evening all

I am pretty sure that some time ago I soor or read that one of our developers was offering phpvms packaged up with some of their addons included.

For the life of me I can't remember who it was or where I soor it.

Could someone please point me in the right direction, search didn't dig anything up for me, and I now can't find it.

Thanks

Karl

• Administrators

I have an extended version on Github. There are a coupe of things you need to know about it though.

1 - It uses the newer .php template file extensions versus the old .tpl extensions. Nothing inside the templates has really changed and you can most often just change the extension on any older custom templates you are using. There is a line at the start of all the new templates to help secure them that you should, but do not have to, add to all of your existing templates if you are going to convert them.

2 - The Simpilotgroup Plug-In Manager is already installed in the download, I think it is probably one of the better items to be done as far as addons for phpVMS. If you already have modules installed and try to install them again with the PlugIn Manager you will probably lose any data that you had prior. This will not happen if the module was installed with the Plugin Manager.

3 - This is not an official release in any way. I will say that I am using it on all new sites I am building and it has been in the "wild" for a few months in some cases without any real issues.

Some of the changes can be found here -> https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS/commits/extended

You can find it here -> https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS/tree/extended