Strange SMTP Happenings

Kieran

Hey everyone,

For some reason, I can't send mail through SMTP to hotmail accounts without it returning an error.

I'm not sure if it applies to any other hosting providers but I know that it worked with my own domain account. I'm on beta 870.

Thanks,

Kieran

Invalid address: You must provide at least one recipient email address.

Confirmation Sent

Thanks for registering for us, you will be notified via email of your registration status.

SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: -----@live.com

• Administrators

Who's your SMTP provider? Try setting up outlook express to use that SMTP and try sending a mail through there manually and see if it works?

It could also be rejecting it because it thinks it's spam. Maybe that's something to research?

I know, this just adds to the bizzareness of the situation.

For the moment though, my whole site is just white for no apparent reason! Index.php is definitely intact and I can't see valid reason for this behaviour. I'm on revision 870.

Thanks!

Well, that was easy :)

Turned out I had:

Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USE_AUTH', );

Should have been:

Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USE_AUTH', false);

I'll check out the API and spend a week or two writing a very thorough registration script which I will release if I complete it.

Thanks, kieran.

Right, this whole SMTP thing is really confusing (mail in php has never been on my side :{ )

With the SMTP enabled, I get notifications telling me when a new user registers, new pirep filed etc.

The SMTP Mail Sender (no-reply) and the notification recipient are on the same mail server.

However, registration always fails to deliver the email to the user:

The following recipients failed: (email address)

And also the same happens when approving a PIREP.

I'm pretty sure it's not blocked by my host as it works with other scripts, just not phpVMS.