Mac ACARS for X-Plane

SkiesTheLimit

Hello wonderful PHPVMS world :)

Calling all talented programmers, this is quite a task but easy for a lot of you!

Many of our pilots are getting X-Plane 10 (great simulator, to say the least) and we

need a custom ACARS for X-Plane.

XACARs is very bland, we'd be willing to pay eh the price of custom KACARs or SmartCARs.

$60-$100 range sounds fair.

The ACARS would run as a Mac application on the OS X 10.7+ environment and layout be customized to our liking.

It would be great to have a pilot chat, or some type of flight announcements, bid system like KACARs/SmartCARs, intelligent logging w/ flight phases, and you know our colors and logo.

A modern look would also be essential, it would have most of the features of our current smartCARs.

It'd be a separate application.

It'd be pretty cool, and simple to use and for Mac.

If any of you could do this that'd be great. Also I have X-Plane 10 and Mac OS X 10.8.2 so I'd be willing to test it.

I don't think you understand, that would be a rather large project and would at least be a couple hundred dollars. Plus you would have to find mac developers in the phpVMS community which is rather rare if at all. They would have to write a whole new program from scratch for your Virtual Airline.

• Moderators

lol my pilots who use xplane just use our TNTacars(advanced kacars) with xuipc and it works fine.

and like ed is telling you won't find a developer to build a custom mac application for only 100 bucks iff he would be able to sell it largely then he could sell it for that price but for 1 customer you will never find a dev to do that for 100$

• Like 1

lol my pilots who use xplane just use our TNTacars(advanced kacars) with xuipc and it works fine.

and like ed is telling you won't find a developer to build a custom mac application for only 100 bucks iff he would be able to sell it largely then he could sell it for that price but for 1 customer you will never find a dev to do that for 100$

There are a few Mac developers out in the community, I'll ask them and see what comes up.

People here don't seem to value developers' time much. Consider that $100 will pay for less than a days work on a low salary (for this type of work). I don't think you're going to get a full ACARS client in even a whole day...

Some of them really are just fine with that, and have even worked on various projects for virtual airlines with only a $70 price. It varies from person to person.

I will just wait and see who comes along, but please let them come here. I'm patient and can wait for someone who can do it to reply :)

There are some of the well-known developers who would do it outside of these forums. Most of them have experience with custom systems but don't cost a fortune and would probably be able to get this done.

I'll try to contact them, but I'll leave this open if anyone from PHPVMS is willing. If not, then off to the MacDev forums, etc.