Can't file Pirep through kACARs or manually

ahughes3

Hi all,

New issue for me with kACARS. I have a guy doing his first flight for our new airline and he has just said kACARs won't let him file the Pirep both using the button or manually. He said he gets an error message saying schedule does not exist.

I have looked at the logs and the only thing coming up at all is this:

=====

Time: 05.22.14 07:51:45

=====

Time: 05.22.14 07:51:45

Backtrace: DB::write_debug > DB::get_results > PIREPData::findPIREPS > PIREPData::getRecentReportsByCount > PIREPS->RecentFrontPage > call_user_func_array > MainController::Run > include > TemplateSet->getTemplate > TemplateSet->showTemplate

Query: SELECT p.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(p.submitdate) as submitdate, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(p.modifieddate) as modifieddate, u.pilotid, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.email, u.rank, a.id AS aircraftid, a.name as aircraft, a.registration, dep.name as depname, dep.lat AS deplat, dep.lng AS deplng, arr.name as arrname, arr.lat AS arrlat, arr.lng AS arrlng FROM phpvms_pireps p LEFT JOIN phpvms_aircraft a ON a.id = p.aircraft LEFT JOIN phpvms_airports AS dep ON dep.icao = p.depicao LEFT JOIN phpvms_airports AS arr ON arr.icao = p.arricao LEFT JOIN phpvms_pilots u ON u.pilotid = p.pilotid ORDER BY p.submitdate DESC LIMIT 5

Error: (1054) - Unknown column 'p.modifieddate' in 'field list'

=====

=====

Not sure if its related, doesn't look like it.

I've searched the forums but didn't see anything specifically relating to this issue, hence I'm asking for some help.

The version of kACARs he's using is free 1.0.1.1

This is the first flight since installing the kACARs client and module. To let you know what I did, I downloaded the module, dropped it into the core folder alongside the one already in there. I changed the existing one to kACARS_Free_old and changed the one I downloaded from kACARS_Free_v1.0.1.1 to kACARs_Free.

The connection to kACARs works fine and we can find the schedule and enter it. It's just this last bit. Not sure how to resolve or where to look.

Any help would be gratefully received asap as my pilot is sat there with his kACARs still open waiting for me to solve it :P

Yes, I had a quick look at the kACARS php script to see if I could spot anything that looked like a database field or something that might be wrong but I can't see anything that even ties into the database so I assume everything is entered in their through the phpvms scripts.

Still can't send a pirep automatically or manually.

I also deleted and reinstalled the module today, haven't had chance to check it but I will see if it makes any difference and report back.

Just checked this again with a new install of the module. If I try to submit a pirep through kACARS it won't let me, says schedule does not exist. If I then try to complete one manually I fill in all the relevant fields and try to submit but it says "please fill out all the required fields" yet all the fields are completed.

Don't know what to check to see why the problem is happening. I feel like I'm walking from one problem to the next with trying to use phpvms. :(

Still no further forward with this. After hours of adding modules, routes, aircraft and tweaking the design I am at the point where I feel I may have to reinstall the whole phpvms and tackle the pireps thing first. Now if only someone, anyone could point me in the direction of a packaged phpvms that works, that would be great. :)

is it with all the pilots filing pireps or specific pilots ?

Nope its all pilots. It's gotta be either the module trying to write to the database but because of a mismatch between the tables and module it can't (however, I don't know how to work that out). Or, it could just be that the module is wrong but I downloaded and reinstalled it twice and it's the only one I saw on the website. The is the only thing now stopping me from using the system.

From where did you downloaded the phpvms and also what is your php version ?

and also are you able to provide us with a database backup to check it on our machines to see if it is indeed a db problem and not a file isue

The version I downloaded was "phpvms_master.zip" from github as mentioned I think by "Servetas" in another post. My PHP version is 5.4 and I will take a backup of the database and post it to you in a message. I have now had to set up on FS Airlines for the time being (like going back in time!) :P

• Members

Problem found two rows where missing.

run this in your phpAdmin and everything should be ok

ALTER TABLE  `phpvms_pireps` ADD  `paytype` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER  `rawdata` ,
ADD  `modifieddate` DATE NOT NULL AFTER  `paytype`

P.S i think you have the beta version i am not quite sure as the version that i downloaded from github is total different than yours

Reminder to all when something is in beta it means it might have bugs those are sorted out by users reporting it to the creators of the software.

If you have any other problems do not hesitate to contact us