Multiple PIREP/Bid Issues

freshJet

This comes under kACARS too, but not entirely.

I have a few annoying issues with the PIREPs. First, I was not receiving PIREP revenues for a while, and it was due to the fact that I changed the PIREP flight number to callsign, and I was surprised to see that you cannot pull the flight by the route id instead of the flight number. This creates issues for those with multiple flights with the same flight number, so it means I'll now need to edit the tables to make that work. Still, it's annoying. I think a routeid column for the PIREP table should be included in the next release.

Secondly, when a PIREP is submitted, it is sometimes submitted multiple times, giving duplicates. I can't figure out what's causing it. Sometimes it's once, sometimes it's ten times for one PIREP.

Thirdly, I can't get the bids to delete on expire. Yes, it's been covered before on the forums, but I can't find a straight answer. People post code that doesn't work and then the OP later says they've solved it with no solution.

• Administrators

If I am following your thoughts your first issue was worked in the very early going of the build. At one point there was an option for "legs" of flights and the PIREP's were tied to route database id's. If I recall it created issues on a couple of levels. When a route/schedule was deleted and the PIREPs table was reset in maintenance it caused an error or if the route/schedule was changed. When the system tried to update the PIREP from the route id it would update the pirep to reflect the new information. It was then built to fall back solely on the PIREPs for maintenance using the values that were recorded and the route id was dropped from the PIREP table. That was also prior to kACARS and I believe that fsACARS pulled by flight number and it just continued that way. Adding the column back I don't think is a big deal but the various ACARS systems will have to be changed to grab that value and return it in the PIREP.

The second issue could be related to this -> http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/20691-admin-and-acars-timeout-errors/page__hl__timeout <- i had a few sites with the same issue and after making these changes it corrected itself.

I don't know what to tell you on the third, I did not realize there was an issue with the delete bids function. Are you using the CRON for maintenance? If so check the code in maintenance.php, at quick glance I see this:

if(Config::Get('CLOSE_BIDS_AFTER_EXPIRE') === false)
{
SchedulesData::deleteExpiredBids();
CronData::set_lastupdate('check_expired_bids');
}

which I think should be == TRUE

• Like 1