Cannot export flights......

tnick74

Hi all,

although the setup is made as shown in videos, fro fspax,xacars and fsacars, flights cannot be exported using any of the clients. We prefer to use fspax, so we give our efforts there, and the error message is:

phpVMS/FSPAX ACARS

Teca Virtual Airline/Nikos Trikas selected

3 total flight, 1 flights marked as not exported. Ready to export...

-Exporting of 1 Flights started:

-Error, unable to export flight number 3 ->Error - The departure or arrival airports are blank

1 flights could not be exported.

We uninstall fspax and reinstall, then the first new flight is exported properly, but just this new one. Then, the same error message again with every flight.

The departure and destination airports are in our database, i cannot find out what is happening.

The config file is this:

menu_name=Teca Virtual Airline;

base_url=http://www.tecavirtual.com;

path_stats=phpvmsVA/index.php/acars;

path_export=phpvmsVA/action.php/acars/fspax;

username=TVI0001;

password=none;

Any help please?

• Administrators

Can you enable DEBUG_LOG (in local.config.php, set it to true), and make sure the /core/logs folders are all 777 and writeable. Then try exporting some flights, and then post that fspax.txt log file up (as an attachment), and let's see if we can find anything in there.

Thank you for the answers,

I changed the DEBUG_MODE from false to true in local.config.php and to app_config.php too, they were both false.

As for the core/logs, there are only .txt files in there: acars,errors,fsacars,fsfk,log,vacantral,xacars, all of them empty, and Perms=644. There is nothing there about fspax, i do not know if should be or not (and i did not understand what is this 777 that you want me to check....)

i will try to export again gentlemen, and let you know what happen

thank you again

Nikos

• Administrators

Thank you for the answers,

I changed the DEBUG_MODE from false to true in local.config.php and to app_config.php too, they were both false.

As for the core/logs, there are only .txt files in there: acars,errors,fsacars,fsfk,log,vacantral,xacars, all of them empty, and Perms=644. There is nothing there about fspax, i do not know if should be or not (and i did not understand what is this 777 that you want me to check....)

i will try to export again gentlemen, and let you know what happen

thank you again

Nikos

Change the perms to 777, otherwise the logs can't be written to.

thank you Nabeel,

fspax exporting is now working (hope it will keep working hehe)

well, i changed the permissions from 644 to 777 to the following files in core/logs/:

acars.txt,

errors.txt,

fsacars.txt,

fsfk.txt,

log.txt,

vacantral.txt,

xacars.txt,

and still all of them empty.

Should not there be a fspax.txt too in there?

• Administrators

thank you Nabeel,

fspax exporting is now working (hope it will keep working hehe)

well, i changed the permissions from 644 to 777 to the following files in core/logs/:

acars.txt,

errors.txt,

fsacars.txt,

fsfk.txt,

log.txt,

vacantral.txt,

xacars.txt,

and still all of them empty.

Should not there be a fspax.txt too in there?

Yes there should, but it might be writing to /core/modules/acars/log.txt. I think fspax was the one I hadn't redirected yet

Well.......the solution worked for 1 day, yesterday. We exported some flights, but today, the same problem again, error message in fspax: "the departure or arrival airport is blank"

And it was no mistake in flight id, or aircraft or airports, today we flew only scheduled routes=airports already in base.

Any other help please?

• Administrators

Well.......the solution worked for 1 day, yesterday. We exported some flights, but today, the same problem again, error message in fspax: "the departure or arrival airport is blank"

And it was no mistake in flight id, or aircraft or airports, today we flew only scheduled routes=airports already in base.

Any other help please?

Are you sure you're entering the departure and arrival airports in FSPAX? You have to specifically enter them in that dialog.

The departure airport is not to be filled in fspax (as far as i use it, about 1 year, unless i miss something)

The arrival airport is given every time, and before i proceed to flight i always have added both dep/arr airports in phpvms to avoid any problems.

I give you example, step by step:

1. before flight, i add both airports in admin area (if they are not already there) (sometimes the exports were ok without addin airports first...)

2.start the flight giving in fspax id:TVI305 (we tried 305 alone, it causes the same error)

3.we give the arr airport as in schedule

4.we arrive in scheduled airport, no flight problems

5.when export.....: error: "the departure or arrival airport is blank"

We always make flights the same way, sometimes the export is ok, sometimes is error, without making any change in the site or db. I really cannot understand where this error comes from.

I think instead of trying to fix fspax exporting problems, we may could modify the code in phpvms (i do not know which file and which modification) as to NOT try to check anything regarding airports (and/or flight ID) when exporting, accept the pirep AS SENT, and then i can approve or reject it myself in admin area.??

• Administrators

The departure airport is not to be filled in fspax (as far as i use it, about 1 year, unless i miss something)

The arrival airport is given every time, and before i proceed to flight i always have added both dep/arr airports in phpvms to avoid any problems.

I give you example, step by step:

1. before flight, i add both airports in admin area (if they are not already there) (sometimes the exports were ok without addin airports first...)

2.start the flight giving in fspax id:TVI305 (we tried 305 alone, it causes the same error)

3.we give the arr airport as in schedule

4.we arrive in scheduled airport, no flight problems

5.when export.....: error: "the departure or arrival airport is blank"

We always make flights the same way, sometimes the export is ok, sometimes is error, without making any change in the site or db. I really cannot understand where this error comes from.

I think instead of trying to fix fspax exporting problems, we may could modify the code in phpvms (i do not know which file and which modification) as to NOT try to check anything regarding airports (and/or flight ID) when exporting, accept the pirep AS SENT, and then i can approve or reject it myself in admin area.??

I wouldn't make that mod. You have to add the departure airport in FSPax. Did you watch the video in the Docs about fspax?

• 4 weeks later...

Finally i found what was going wrong!

It was an fspax problem, the icao_db.cfg file. Some airports where not in there, so the fspax could not export (this is why some flights were exported and others not). Once updated, fspax is exporting all flights. Updates for icao_db can be found in fspax official site under downloads.

Thank for helping me so far on this matter