Virgin Atlantic Virtual - Back up and running

Hello All,

I just thought I would do a quick note to let everyone know that Virgin Atlantic Virtual is back up and running. We have been transferring our VA Site from wordpress to a PHPVMS based site with custom skin.

We have already recruited 12 new pilots in the last couple of days and would welcome anyone from the flight sim community, new or experienced to sign up and join us.

The website for the VA is www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk (not.com)!

We are still putting final touches to the website porting all of our old site's content across such as liveries, charts etc but we're getting there. The operations system itself is fully functional so you can register, book flights, track flights and file pireps as normal.

We are also recruiting for new staff members to help continue the growth of the VA. In particular we would welcome staff with the following experience:

• Youtube and Twitch recording expertise to support our youtube channel and help create a promo video
  • ATC savvy players who can support our popular multiplayer session (London Heathrow + ATC)
  • Knowledge of adding routes, fleet, finances to PHPVMS just to help us at busy times
  • Hub Managers for US(KJFK) & Asia(OMDB) to support international players
  • Generally experienced pilots who want to get more involved in running an airline

If you are looking for a change or new opportunity then please do get in touch through the website or on our teamspeak server. IP 5.39.102.41:29865.

As a VA we can provide the following benefits to pilots:

• Website with flight operations, useful information, liveries, downloads etc (site should be fully finished in a few days time)
  • Facebook, Youtube, Twitter
  • Forum for sharing information about planes, scenery, events
  • Virgin Liveries
  • Routes across the world incorporating Virgin Atlantic, Little Red, Virgin Australia, Virgin America
  • The full Virgin Fleet with correct tail numbers and each planes unique name
  • Multiplayer session (London Heathrow + ATC) through Steam.
  • Private multiplayer session available for events & training
  • Events per month and possibly per week depending on support
  • Flight training - Learn ILS approaches, SIDs, STARs, Route planning, Fuel planning
  • Train to fly on VATSIM

Go take a look and sign up while you're there :)

Go on, go do it now.......whilst it's fresh in your mind!

A word of warning, if you do not have permission from virgin atlantic you will be shut down, they are very strict with VA's using their name and brand.

Another one of these kinds of posts huh? You realize these guys have been running since last may. Harry knows what he is doing :D

DJ did you actually read the full comment? Or just skip over most if not all of it? I said if. I am not saying he does not, but, I do know from seeing others try and getting shut down by Virgin Atlantic, that they are strict. I want him to succeed, I dont want to see another VA that could be great getting shut down because the real world airline is overly strict on the use of their name for a VA which is great advertising for them also it is free for them.

Thanks Chase :)

Strider thanks for the heads up. I'm aware that some airlines are funny about virtual airlines using their name but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. There are at least four other well established virtual airlines using Virgin as their base airline so I'm not too worried at the moment. 12 pilots in four days, not a bad rebirth eh :D

Scrolljacking <_< - just google that term and you'll see why it's bad practice (and so widely hated).

Also if it were me I'd make an effort to contact Virgin and try to form a relationship now. It's only a matter of time before Virgin contact you, and when they do it won't be because they want to be friends.

Good luck though ^_^

Scrolljacking <_< - just google that term and you'll see why it's bad practice (and so widely hated).

Also if it were me I'd make an effort to contact Virgin and try to form a relationship now. It's only a matter of time before Virgin contact you, and when they do it won't be because they want to be friends.

Good luck though ^_^

Not sure what you're on about Tom, are you referring to my website or something else? I get what you're saying about contacting them, I might do that when I get a bit of free time.

Not sure what you're on about Tom, are you referring to my website or something else? I get what you're saying about contacting them, I might do that when I get a bit of free time.

Yes, I scroll a small amount and it takes over and I end up half way down the page.

• Moderators

i would like to say good luck, and i hope you take the advice from strider and get in contact will give less problems in the end.

on the other hand one thing that sends me strait to the close button is an unfinished site open for action. iff its not yet done keep it closed ot al least comment out the parts that are not done but all the "Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt moll" makes me wat to closes and never open again :-)

Yes, I scroll a small amount and it takes over and I end up half way down the page.

Ok, I now get what you're referring to and I have to say firstly you've over exaggerated the issue a bit. The scrolling does not take you half way down the page, it is much more subtle than that entirely, almost negligible. I have tried it on four different devices from pc, ipad, mobile and the tv and the scrolling is minimal and smooth.

I also have to say, that if you read my original post, I wasn't asking for a critique on the website I was merely stating that we are back up and running for information purposes.

I didn't really find your comment useful or relevant and consider it nit picking and we're never short of folks who want to do that. In fact it did more to waste my valuable time than anything. <_<

Joeri - Indeed, I was hoping to have finished it all over the last weekend but we had so many new pilots sign up and all wanting to learn ATC & flying that I lost all the time I had set aside. I'm hoping to have it done in the couple of days so it shouldn't be latin for long :)

Thanks for the good wishes.

Ok, I now get what you're referring to and I have to say firstly you've over exaggerated the issue a bit. The scrolling does not take you half way down the page, it is much more subtle than that entirely, almost negligible. I have tried it on four different devices from pc, ipad, mobile and the tv and the scrolling is minimal and smooth.

I also have to say, that if you read my original post, I wasn't asking for a critique on the website I was merely stating that we are back up and running for information purposes.

I didn't really find your comment useful or relevant and consider it nit picking and we're never short of folks who want to do that. In fact it did more to waste my valuable time than anything. <_<

On OS X this behaviour is built in (with more natural physics too), and the plugin exaggerates scroll distance a lot more than I exaggerated the disapproval of this technique. A scroll to take me from the top of this page to the bottom of your first post takes me all the way down your entire website ^_^

One should come to expect the odd critique here and there on a public forum, requested or otherwise, especially when showing off a website to a load of people who build websites -_- Responding with hostility doesn't really make people want to help in the future, especially if asked for - wouldn't want to waste your valuable time after all.

P.S. If you don't want a discussion in the future there's an entire forum devoted to your requirements called "Virtual Airlines News", woah :ph34r:

Tom has a point, and hostility is never liked. If you did not want comments made on your site, don't post the link. Otherwise take what was said, and do with it as you please. But replying the way you did, I am not sure I would want to help if you asked for it because I don't see you take criticism well.