Code Spacing

shaun105

I have top 5 pilots on home page, however the callsign and total hours show like this ... callsign is EIN1234 and the hours are 67 there isnt a space. Could you tell me how to do this. I have added the code below. Thanks in advance.

EN123467

<?php
$year = date("Y");
$month = date("m")-1;
if($month == 0) { //If it's january, previous month is december.
						    $month = 12;
						    $year -= 1;
}
$pilot = TopPilotData::top_pilot_hours($month, $year, 5);
echo '<table>';
foreach ($pilot as $top) {
						    $pilot = PilotData::GetPilotData($top->pilot_id);
						    echo '<tr>';
						    echo '<td>'.$pilot->firstname.' '.$pilot->lastname.' - '.PilotData::GetPilotCode($pilot->code, $pilot->pilotid).'</td>';
						    echo '<td>'.$top->hours.'</td>';
						    echo '</tr>';
		    }
echo '</table>';
?>

</div>

• Moderators

Do not expect everything "on your plate". ;) If you check the code it is obvious. On the second line we store the current year on the $year variable. On the third line we store the current month-1(which means the previous month) on the $month variable. As soon as you remove the -1 from the $month, the whole if statement is useless and it can be removed too (lines 4-7).

Customize the above code based on what i wrote, and you will have the present month stats ready. :)

• Moderators

I know that some of you do not know a lot of things about coding. As you have noticed, i am always trying to help the community members as much as i can, whenever i can and wherever i can. The thing is that we are not here to serve you ready codes to build your website. I did not say it to offend you. I fully explained you how to do it with three fully comprehensible steps. It's not that bad to run it, experiment and make a few tests. It might take you some time but in the end, you will learn much more things than just copying it. ;)

It was staring me in the face thanks

<?php
$year = date("Y");
$month = date("m");
$pilot = TopPilotData::top_pilot_hours($month, $year, 5);
echo '<table>';
foreach ($pilot as $top) {
						    $pilot = PilotData::GetPilotData($top->pilot_id);
						    echo '<tr>';
						    echo '<td>'.$pilot->firstname.' '.$pilot->lastname.' - '.PilotData::GetPilotCode($pilot->code, $pilot->pilotid).'</td>';
						    echo '<td width="10%"><td>'.$top->hours.'</td>';
						    echo '</tr>';
		    }
echo '</table>';
?>