RankID and Rank Level

natcret

Hi to all,

Been scouring through the forum and can't seem to find an answer to the following question: What is the difference between RankID and Rank Level?

I know that when I look at the tables for ranks, it assigns a rankID based on what was entered through the phpVMS Admin Panel.

However, When I look at the pilots table, it shows both a rankid and a rank level and I am not sure if the level number should be the same as the RANK ID number, or different?

For example, I running a local test version. I have a pilot ID that via the db shows the rankID as 12. However, it also shows the rank level at 11.

Regards,

Nat

• Moderators

Rank ID is the same as Rank Level in pilot's table but with different names. Also, your pilots should have the same number for both rank id and rank level in pilot's table. These numbers are just the id of the rank in your ranks table. The reason is that in coding sometimes we use rank id and sometimes rank level depending on what we want to achieve. example is that in pilot profile we show rank id and its image but inside a function we fetch pilot's rank level to restrict access to something like bidding on a flight.

Thought of another question. I completely understand that within the local config.php you can set auto ranks either false or true. My question, which I have not been able to find, is related to hybrids. Lets say that I want the noram active pilots to advance automatically, however, for specific staff postions, I want to assign those manually. Can this be done?

Thanks again!

Nat