Downloads Stuck In A Loop

TAV1702

Ok I got an issue with downloads. I have one site using Eddies Blue Ice theme and another using my own bootstrap theme and any time I click on downloads, it gets stuck in a refresh loop. Eddie and I came to the conclusion that it was my custom slider. Moving forward.

Now on to my own theme that I made, i had the same problem. Click the download an get stuck in a refresh loop. Once again, I thought it had to be my slider or something my template related. So I switched back to the crystal template and what do you know, a refresh loop on download.

Fast forward to today after i got good and ripe over this and I installed a FRESH vanilla (nothing extra installed, out of the box install) phpVMS 5.5.2. Fired it up, added a download and what do you know, Refresh loop on download.

Soooo, It MUSt be my localhost server for sure. Most certainly that is the answer right? Wrong. I downloaded from github a fresh brand new zip file of phpvms 5.5.2 , installed it on my production server added a download and refresh loop on download. I am now convinced it is a phpVMS issue and not a template or server issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

The exact issue is real simple to replicate.

1. Create a new download category
  2. Create a new download in that category
  3. Go to your downloads page
  4. Find the new download

Click said download and watch the refresh in action.

*EDIT*

I recorded a 30 second cam studio video for you all to see of it in actionbut it is way to large at 350 meg. Sorry. Maybe I can drop it in my dropbox if anyone wants to see it in action.

As I said, this install is 100% pure vanilla. Nothing added, nothing taken away. 100% default Simpilot code.

Thanks for taking a look at my post.

Hmm Ironically enough I just got this to work on my own template. I have to cclick the link where it says to m anual download but it is not looping. But the automatic download will not start.

On my localhost server, it is still looping. I'm not sure what is up.

• Moderators

Hmm Ok. On the Crystal template vanilla phpVMS it is still a no go for downloads. on my home made template, once I removed my jsNewsBar it started working all but the java part of the download. I still have to manually click the start download link.

I just tried it and it works on my end but I'm using IDM on Chrome, so not sure if it works without IDM.

Edited by Parkho

Thanks for the information Parkho. I appreciate it.

I did try as well with the vanilla phpVMS on chrome and it is still looping on me. Just for the sake of doing so, I jumped on my phone and got on Dolphin Browser and logged in to my site and went to downloads and it still looped.

I'm not sure what is up. My only option at this point in time is to hard code links in to all the downloads that I may have in the future,

I really need to get the video I made put up here so folks can see it in action. It is 350 megs though. I might just put it up on my youtube real quick.

Here we go. here is a video from youtube that I Put up. Sorry the video quality is so bad. I thought Cam Studio was a tad better than that.

Edited by TAV1702