Non-sched flight pirep

hecrowell

Before we built a few scheduled routes, I could file a PIREP just by filling in a PIREP form accessible from Pilot Operations section. All i had to do was input departure and arrival airports along with other data required. 

Now that we have built a few scheduled routes, it seems like that cannot be done anymore because the dep and arr airport fields will only allow selection of icao codes from our scheduled routes.

surely, there must be a way to file a manual report of a flight between two airports.

In addition to that, how do I stop the default kennedy airport from showing up on the list of airports? We have not included it into any of our schedules. This is very confusing to the pilots.

we do not have any acars operational at this time.

Edited by hecrowell

• Moderators
On 6/8/2017 at 9:00 PM, hecrowell said:

Before we built a few scheduled routes, I could file a PIREP just by filling in a PIREP form accessible from Pilot Operations section. All i had to do was input departure and arrival airports along with other data required. 

Now that we have built a few scheduled routes, it seems like that cannot be done anymore because the dep and arr airport fields will only allow selection of icao codes from our scheduled routes.

surely, there must be a way to file a manual report of a flight between two airports.

In addition to that, how do I stop the default kennedy airport from showing up on the list of airports? We have not included it into any of our schedules. This is very confusing to the pilots.

we do not have any acars operational at this time.

The manual pirep filing is based on schedules you add to the system. If you say it was working before you add schedules, it is because the code was written to use all airports when the schedules are not added yet.

The Kennedy airport is your HUB by default. In your airport list click edit for KFJK and uncheck the HUB check box, that will remove the airport from the drop down in manual pirep filing page.

Cheers